• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International Tegra 3] Just a few Questions regarding unlocking the bootloader.

XxKU134xX

Lurker
May 8, 2012
hi guys,
after six months of owning my wonderful one x i have decided to unlock it's bootloader and tweaking it to my hearts desire! However i have a few questions i would like to ask just before i dive in.

1. Is there any rom that currently supports usb OTG?(preferably cm10 official nightly).

2. Can someone explain the relevance of the hboot version to the rom i'm flashing and, if needed how do you update the hboot after an unlock?

3.How is cm 10 running on our hox is there any significant issues?

And finally is there anything else i have to know before unlocking?

Thanks

Regards.

There's no ICS ROM at the moment, but I imagine the Sense Based JellyBean ROMs will support OTG. If CM10 is what you're looking for, you can do it with the EternityProject Kernel. I'm not sure if Trips kernels/ROMS support it, it's been a while since I tried.

If your hboot version is 0.xx, you can flash Sense ICS ROMs, AOSP (CM9) ICS ROMs & AOSP JellyBean ROMs. If your hboot is 1.x, you can flash Sense JellyBean ROMs & AOSP JellyBean ROMs provided you use one of the modified boot.img files (they're normally listed in the OP of the thread). I'm not sure if things are broken with those boot.img files though, stuff like GPS didn't work, but I'm not sure if that's changed.

CM10 is in the nightly phases so it will be kinda buggy although it's got a lot better of late by all accounts. Generally though, battery life is a bit worse than Sense based ROMs.

I'm currently running ViperX with an AOSP theme and the Sense Launcher removed to give me all the benefits of Sense but with the bloat removed. Battery is pretty good and I get the added benefit of having the Sense camera. I know people say Sense is slow compared to CM10/AOKP, but after a while, you don't really notice (and the difference is negligible anyway).

If you do want to try an AOSP ROM, I'd look at searsdens or AOKP. They've generally worked out better for me than the official CM10 releases.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones