• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iphone or android?

If the iPhone does come to Verizon, will you keep your android or go with the iPhone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Being overpriced has never stopped people from buying a product. People that have had bad experiences with Windows have switched and a lot say they don't regret it and are never going back. Similarly, we have the Android fanboys here who have had their feelings hurt by the iPhone users they know and see. Now they're sour about it.

To become a respectable company is like becoming a respectable person. You bring yourself up by actually rising up, not pulling others down. Android does its own thing and Apple does theirs.

It irritates me when people bash something because of its price. Just because you can't afford it... :rolleyes:

Ok why is it the apple boys first, and generally only retort "oh you can't afford it" you haven't looked into my finances. You don't know me. And the tablets I may be looking at (need to justify a need for it first) are at the same pricepoint of the apple crap.

And yeah, apple did ipod pretty good. Back in the 90s. Now other products have them 1upped. Feelings hurt? Are we 12 now? I didn't ask rota for the foul mouthed response, but itits how he feels about the situation. So let him be.

And nothing is pure os. If that was the case most of us would be rockin pres or pixi's. Os is nothing without good hardware to support it, and the updates to come.

Upvote 0
I didn't ask rota for the foul mouthed response, but itits how he feels about the situation. So let him be.

I apologize. My cousin's family has used Macs since the 80's, so all I ever hear is their "holier than thou" approach to computing, then they recycle the same arguments from 1995 about how they don't get viruses. But when even the slightest thing goes wrong with any of their machines, who is the first person they call? :rolleyes:

I just get tired of hearing it.

Upvote 0
I apologize. My cousin's family has used Macs since the 80's, so all I ever hear is their "holier than thou" approach to computing, then they recycle the same arguments from 1995 about how they don't get viruses. But when even the slightest thing goes wrong with any of their machines, who is the first person they call? :rolleyes:

I just get tired of hearing it.

Amen. Next time they say something, ask them why macs are always the first to fall when it comes to hacking contests.

Upvote 0
Ok why is it the apple boys first, and generally only retort "oh you can't afford it" you haven't looked into my finances. You don't know me. And the tablets I may be looking at (need to justify a need for it first) are at the same pricepoint of the apple crap.

And yeah, apple did ipod pretty good. Back in the 90s. Now other products have them 1upped. Feelings hurt? Are we 12 now? I didn't ask rota for the foul mouthed response, but itits how he feels about the situation. So let him be.

And nothing is pure os. If that was the case most of us would be rockin pres or pixi's. Os is nothing without good hardware to support it, and the updates to come.

1G iPod first released: October 21 2001...not pre-1999.

Feelings are not just for 12 year olds. Being narrow-minded, however, is for fanboys. I'm not a fanboy. If I'm a fanboy, Caddyman's a fanboy because I share the same view as him over the progression of technology and the competition it forces.

A lot of Apple products today are geared towards the younger generation. That's why there are (well-publicized) student discounts for Apple products and most college bookstores have a special section for Apple products. A lot of Apple's customers blindly buy it because it's "cool" to have an iPod and/or a Macbook. These people don't know the pros of a Mac product but still find themselves having to fend off against equally-ignorant Windows users poking fun at them. Then this gives the majority, the Windows users, bait to use on internet forums like this saying Mac users are ignorant and bring up the "better than thou" attitude. No. They bought it because they liked it and/or they are just following a trend that is to own a Mac.

No one knows nor cares about your financial situation. I quoted someone else's post, yet you feel I was talking to you? I wasn't even talking to the guy I quoted when I brought up being able to afford a Mac. But usually there are people that bitch and try and put something down because they can't get it.

Upvote 0
1G iPod first released: October 21 2001...not pre-1999.

Feelings are not just for 12 year olds. Being narrow-minded, however, is for fanboys. I'm not a fanboy. If I'm a fanboy, Caddyman's a fanboy because I share the same view as him over the progression of technology and the competition it forces.

A lot of Apple products today are geared towards the younger generation. That's why there are (well-publicized) student discounts for Apple products and most college bookstores have a special section for Apple products. A lot of Apple's customers blindly buy it because it's "cool" to have an iPod and/or a Macbook. These people don't know the pros of a Mac product but still find themselves having to fend off against equally-ignorant Windows users poking fun at them. Then this gives the majority, the Windows users, bait to use on internet forums like this saying Mac users are ignorant and bring up the "better than thou" attitude. No. They bought it because they liked it and/or they are just following a trend that is to own a Mac.

No one knows nor cares about your financial situation. I quoted someone else's post, yet you feel I was talking to you? I wasn't even talking to the guy I quoted when I brought up being able to afford a Mac. But usually there are people that bitch and try and put something down because they can't get it.

You made a general statement. I fell into the blanket of your statement.

Sorry, I missed the release date by less than 2 yeara. I'm sorry I'm not a historian

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones