• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone to HTC Incrediable to Fascinate?

yeah bw is great. i constantly rotate bw, fancy widget (old), and weather/toggle...

honestly i think w/t would be the best if there was more support of it in terms of uploading clocks. there are a bunch there but no previews, and i forget what they all look like and get tired of switching 20 to find the one i want.
Yeah agree fancy is nice I finally found the old v1.30 [the good one]. However, its too big on my new superman wallpaper :(. That why I like the small BW

Upvote 0
Yeah agree fancy is nice I finally found the old v1.30 [the good one]. However, its too big on my new superman wallpaper :(. That why I like the small BW

yeah when i first tried loading fw on my fascinate i had to pour through my desktop folders to find it as i had about 20 revisions of it from xda everything from different shading to colors and stuff. it took about 10 minutes of uninstall/reinstall to find the "original" as i stupidly named them fancywidget1.apk, 2, 3, etc not what they looked like :eek:

Upvote 0
yeah when i first tried loading fw on my fascinate i had to pour through my desktop folders to find it as i had about 20 revisions of it from xda everything from different shading to colors and stuff. it took about 10 minutes of uninstall/reinstall to find the "original" as i stupidly named them fancywidget1.apk, 2, 3, etc not what they looked like :eek:
Yeah, I try to keep a folder on my hard drive which is a carbon copy of whats on my SF. However, invaribly there are inconsistencies and to be frank when a new apk comes out I dont always keep the old one. For instance the new setcpu. I just deleted 2.0.3 when .4 came out. Now admittedly, I know where to find older versions, but often times Im deleting older versions when the new ones come out but perhaps just for the above reason I need to archive more than I am

Upvote 0
Well after having the phone for a few days I'm pretty happy but I did have a few questions.

1. Whats the best weather app? I prefer TWC app but I don't think it like me on this phone. On my HTC Incredible it would follow me and update, with the SF it doesn't update and doesn't follow. The widget doesn't update and sometime I get the Error message saying it can't find weather info.

2. I had insurance on my Droid Inc but now that I sold that and have the SF does the insurance switch over or do I need to bring it into a store and have them switch it?

3. Whats a good lock screen app? I was a big fan of the swipe down motion to unlock that the Droid Inc had, don't like the puzzle piece on the SF.

Thanks in advance.

Its a little late to your question (#2), yes whenever you switch phones the insurance coverage is then switched over to the new phone, you will continue to pay the fee monthly which covers your "new" phone. I've switched phones many times and this is always the case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones