• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories iPod connector -> Micro USB cable

I bought the Anycom FIPO Bluetooth adapter to stream music to my VW Jetta's stereo a couple months ago, and I haven't had any success with it. It cuts out about every 10 seconds, and I have my wi-fi turned off. This would solve so many problems for me, but I can't get it to work. What do yal think?

Hi I went ahead and bought the spring bluetooth adapter that was reccomended in this thread and tried it with my VW/droid x and am having this same issue. The device connects and pairs with the car and even plays but then cuts out after a few seconds then comes back in and cuts out and just repeats this cycle.

The music on the device continues to play but no audio comes from the car nor the phone so it seems somehow the signal is lost every few seconds then comes back intermittently.

Any Ideas? I've unpaired/re-paired and forgotten the device and rebooted and nothing seems to be working. I will try pairing this with ipod docks at home and different bluetooth devices and let you know. thanks for any help.

*edit*
I realize this is an evo thread but it sounds like the problem is the exact same for the droid. It's also odd that the person that had the same issue had a VW. My ipod plays fine through the connector but perhaps something about VW ipod connectors doesnt work well with the bluetooth adapter->ipod connector.

Upvote 0
Can anyone please tell me if they know where I might be able to get one of the Sprint Anycom FIPO adaptors. I cannot seem to find any available. I have A Mitsubishi Pajero with an Ipod cable and would love to get one of these to play the media from my phone.

Thanks for any help you can give.

It's not all that... I notice that the quality is not that good!!!

Upvote 0
Hi I went ahead and bought the spring bluetooth adapter that was reccomended in this thread and tried it with my VW/droid x and am having this same issue. The device connects and pairs with the car and even plays but then cuts out after a few seconds then comes back in and cuts out and just repeats this cycle.

The music on the device continues to play but no audio comes from the car nor the phone so it seems somehow the signal is lost every few seconds then comes back intermittently.

Any Ideas? I've unpaired/re-paired and forgotten the device and rebooted and nothing seems to be working. I will try pairing this with ipod docks at home and different bluetooth devices and let you know. thanks for any help.

*edit*
I realize this is an evo thread but it sounds like the problem is the exact same for the droid. It's also odd that the person that had the same issue had a VW. My ipod plays fine through the connector but perhaps something about VW ipod connectors doesnt work well with the bluetooth adapter->ipod connector.

I just bought a CC and I have the same problem if I plug my phone in before I start the car. I found that if I start the car, allow the bluetooth to pair/sync, then plug in the phone into the connector, the music will play without cutting out. A little annoying, but better than it cutting in and out.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones