1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is Chris Pirillo serious?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Premonition, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Dutch54

Dutch54 Well-Known Member

Chris Pirillo = Train wreck

Hey everybody needs a job...I feel sorry for him..how would you like to go through life like that?

Advertisement

2. Drew5150

Drew5150 Android Expert

I like how his iPhone screen turns off so frequently that he can't get the camera to focus on it, while the whole time his Evo stays lit up. That guy is awesome.

3. InkedMuscle

InkedMuscle Newbie

I've had numerous days of 20+ hours of usage and thats with decent-to-heavy usage at that..

4. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Android Expert

Hmmmm I think CP should investigate. lol
    Apple - Support - Discussions - Horrible Battery! ...

Had it for a day, was fully charged when I activated. Same settings as my 3gs, no wifi or push on etc.

I went to sleep at 70% battery, woke up and it was dead!!!
    Slept for 7 hours.. :eek:

5. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

To let this guy bother you is to let him win. I just love how he ever so subtly shows us his middle finger there at the end.;)

Funny thing, last night out of insomniac boredom I found myself wandering the halls of applesauce high, and a poster actually posted this pertaining to the whole antenna/signal issue:

"They gotta do a better job of responding to this. I've also noticed that whenever I pull my iP4 out of my pocket the signal meter is at 1 or 2 bars!!!

This is disappointing to say the least. Wait till the EVO crowd gets a hold of this, us Apple folks aren't going to hear the end of it ......"

I know how she feels, and kind of feel sorry for her.

6. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

If you want to turn on wifi automatically on the Evo, go download Y5-Battery saver. Once it detects a wifi it can connect to, it automatically turns wifi on. :)

7. SolApathy

SolApathy Just another robot
    VIP Member

Chris Pirillo just enjoys causing drama. All of his reviews are half-... It's unfortunate that so many people even give him the time of day. That usage video had to be one of the worst "professional" reviews I have ever seen. I have a feeling he was doing things to purposefully drain the battery at a high rate of speed, and that it was not a true measure of the device functionality in a real world environment. I would have loved to see the system Panel information for the usage for those 4.5 hours.

8. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

I remembered seeing Chris Pirillo on Tech TV a very long time ago... Let's just say that I switched to another channel because like now, he is still irritating.

9. Droidone

Droidone Android Enthusiast

Chris is the biggest dork to review phones.

I think he watched this video before he did his early reviews of the Evo

Warning!!! Explicit language on this vid, but hilarious
    YouTube - Iphone 4 can suck it

dr g likes this.
  10. gowcaizer1978

gowcaizer1978 Well-Known Member

11. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Android Expert

12. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Android Enthusiast

From the rant: "Blaming a user for poor design choices isn’t just asinine – its an exercise in futility..."

You mean like Steve Jobs did with the iPhone 4 reception issues?

13. MrX8503

MrX8503 Android Enthusiast

In my experience my EVO didn't get that poor of a battery life, the battery life was just ok, not great. I did do all of the battery tweaks too.

I now have an iPhone4 and I would say the batter life on that is um well amazing. Alot of things go into battery life such as the OS obviously, but its also the CPU too. I'm not sure which is more efficient A4 vs Snapdragon.

The A4 is most likely an 800mhz processor instead of 1ghz, probably to save battery life.

14. jroc

jroc Android Expert

^Its a 45nm cpu too. Thats helps also. The one in the EVO is 65nm.

15. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

Someone please lock this thread! It's as irritating as CP.... LOL

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: