• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there a fix for this, or no?

MRW1215

Mar 18, 2011
Every now and then, when I turn my phone on, my data signal defaults to 1X, and I can't seem to get it to go back to 4G. I use the LTE OnOff app to switch it to 3G only, and it picks up the 3G fine, but if I switch back to 4g mode, it goes back to 1X. Restarting the phone usually fixes it (not always, though), but it also drains like 10-15% of the battery.

I think the signal should be fine, as most days, I have a strong consistent 4G connection, but on days where it sticks to 1X, I don't know how to fix it. :/

Each time you restart your phone, it makes a guess at the battery life based on the voltage output. You're not losing battery power, you're just being given a different guess based on what Android can tell since you restarted. Battery meters are just a guess.

I've had the same 1x situation, and my son has as well. I would blame the local network more than the device, but since HTC had to build LTE ability from scratch it's highly likely to have major bugs in certain network conditions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones