• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Is there a USB audio out cable for the vibrant?

Ok, so I've seen this on the OEM Samsung Vibrant dock here:
Galaxy S t959 Desktop Dock | Samsung Mobile

If you look at the third pic, you can see that it has 1 USB connector for the phone, but it has USB and 3.5mm audio out jacks on the back. That must mean that the dock is splitting the micro USB from the phone into USB + audio out.

Does anyone know if there is a separate cable that does this? Or if there's a pinout for this? I only see the standard 4 pins on the USB connector of my phone, so imagine that this may be a chip in the dock itself that splits out the audio.

I'd love to be able to get a cable that splits out the audio too, so that I only need to connect one cable. Also, I'd like to get a car dock that does the same (slide in the phone, one connection, does power & audio) but I don't think that the OEM car dock does this (can't be sure, haven't seen many pics of it).

Anyone have any info on any of this? Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones