• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is there a way to view root folder in windows?

thetingster

Android Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2009
Is there a way to mount, view, modify the root folder in windows in a similar way you can mount the SDCARD? As I think of this it may not be possible because it's being used by the phone but does anyone know if this can be done? I would like to work on the root folder in windows.

Is that a windows app?

I am looking at it for the first time. I am not root-ed.

The application is at FJ Software Development and you install a client App from An adroid Market.

You can thgen communicate very nicely between the phone and PC using Wifi, Bluetooth, or USB.

FINALLY have a connection through my router.

You can then sync a lot of information from your phone.

Very nice.

I need to work with it more.

It is free and you can make a donation.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Hold on guys, there are a number of ways to achieve this.

1) SSHDroid and other SSH Daemon apps

SSHDroid.JPG
SSHDroid connected using PuTTy for Windows v0.61 x64

2) adb (wired or wireless - and there are other apps as well)

ADB over WiFi.JPG
ADB over WiFi Widget connected using adb from cmd line

I'm sure there are other ways.

Upvote 0
^^^ What Thom said. :)

Aside from the ability to browse the handsets internal memory, it's a pretty handy app and worth installing anyway.

It was great that I could sync my Outlook contacts with a mouse click.

As far as I can tell there is no way to access the Bionic's SD-Ext card. You can apparently only access the "phone memory" and the "memory stick" (SD card).

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones