• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this the Stock Rom for my device?

MWConte

Lurker
Jun 1, 2017
Hey everybody, I use a Samsung Galaxy S2 Model No. GT-I9100 and I was wanting to go back to my Stock Rom. I bought this device second hand from eBay it came from Puerto Rico. I turned on the phone and noticed it's from this carrier in South America called Entel. This is what happend when I first recieved it, I assume this is most likely the stock rom but now I've installed other ROMS and stuff on it and want to go back.

I'm just not sure how stock roms work. Like if it is truly the stock firmware will it work without having additionally modding it and only having to flash it with Odin in the downloading mode? Will only one firmware work with flashing it like that in download mode and then it works?

See items #1.1 and #1.7 of https://androidforums.com/threads/jelly-bean-update-dummies-guide.680070/ for how to obtain the correct firmware for your model of phone and CSC code.

I mean it must be the stock firmware if all I need is

1.) go into download mode with android
2.) open odin v1.85
3.) go to the pda and select that I9100UHMS8_I9100CHEMS3_I9100UHMS1_HOME.tar.md5 file for the pda box
4.) do the start button

I mean it works and takes me to what the phone looked like originally with the entel start screen and everything

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones