• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is updating Radio good or/and recommened?

riahc3

May 15, 2011
Hey

I have CM7 installed and Im wondering if its recommened and/or a good idea to update the radio. I wondered this because I have slight signal and Wifi problems that may be corrected with the radio.

Also, how do I apply this? Just flashing with ClockWork Recovery?

I have CM7 installed and Im wondering if its recommened and/or a good idea to update the radio.

It might help - what baseband version is currently installed?

I flashed the 26.04.02.17_M2 radio to my Z as it proved the most reliable both with CM7 and the several other ROMs I use. I have no problems with wireless, mobile network (Orange UK) or GPS.

Also, how do I apply this? Just flashing with ClockWork Recovery?

Radio ROMs are usually flashed as PC10IMG.zip files via the bootloader, although it can also be done either via a terminal emulator on the handset or an adb shell on a PC with the appropriate radio.img file.

Reactions: havico12
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones