• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ive modded my g1.....what d'ya think?

D'ya like it or loath it?

• awesome, s-punk is the future

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • yeah s'ok

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • nah its lame, but nice work =o)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • you fool you've trashed it!!

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tankboyben

Lurker
Mar 28, 2009
yeah so ive kinda steam punked it and added a light to the trackball since there are actually soldering points located on the board in the same place as a blackberry or magic, all functionality of the device remains and whilst its not perfect, i like it allot :p

lemme know what ya think

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 533
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 521
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 418
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 427
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 427
I think it looks very nice! You most certainly did a much better job of it than I could have done. :cool:

I don't know if it's steam punk 'proper', since it doesn't look like real brass was involved :rolleyes: and I think it's the smallest ratio of steam-punk-to-actual-usefulness I've seen :p -- but then it looks like maybe that's not the style you were going for anyway, this looks more, um, modern than steam.

Upvote 0
wow detailed instructions on taking it apart :eek:, that would take a while however the trackball light would be the easiest part to describe and you can get the trackball section off without taking the phone apart too much,
i have to take it apart again as i wanna put a better light in it and i missed a few screws out when i put it back together :p so ill take some pics and post when i do it,
i will also include strong warnings with the guide/pics that i hope will help you avoid some of the costly cock-ups i made when i 1st took it apart :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones