• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root JB 4.1.2 OTA Update Instructions!!!! Fat Lady Sings

lol ur good, superr is making an update zip now that just wont have the updated partitions, i do still want to see what they do though, but we have the most necessary components already thanks to you

basically we are in no real rush but i would like to get the files just because there may be some benefit to them. also mmcblk0p12 is completely unnecessary. and you may have much better luck at doing this through cwm(cwm has adb enabled by default)

Upvote 0
ok well that would involve going into the device manager and doing all kinds of stuff but if you have managed to get my tool or the doomlord one working on that computer before to do the root in the first place it should already have the proper drivers, as i said boot into cwm and try connecting that way, you should be able to gain adb access through there and you wont even have to do the su part, youll just have to make sure you go into mounts and storage and check that the sdcard is mounted

Upvote 0
right click my computer
go to properties, then device manager.
see if the list of devices shows something like "phone" (not sure about name) with an exclamation point. If so the driver is not set right. Lets go from there

Junkie I would agree with you except I just had to reload my adb driver and it was most def there within the last couple months

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones