• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help JB Update

Leevis

Aug 15, 2011
Hi All
I did the Jellybean thing but couldnt be bothered to wait (and wait) for O2 to sort themselves out.
Turns out now that they have and i was hoping to switch it back to the O2 version of JB.
However, i downloaded I9100XWLSD_I9100XXLS8_I9100O2ULS7_HOME.tar which is the correct O2 firmware but when i let Odin go through the motions and go onto Kies it says it cannot verify the firmware.
When i do *#1234# i get
PDA I9100XWLSD
PHONE I9100XXLS8
CSC I9100O2ULS7
Is this the correct one? I think not
Help
Lee

I hope Shotty doesn't mind me butting in...

Was your phone originally branded to o2 or was it an unlocked unbranded phone.

Was originally O2

I guess what Shotty is asking is was your CSC code O2U or O2I, both are O2 CSC codes for the UK and Ireland, or were you using an O2 sim card in, say, a phone using the XEU, generic UK CSC code, which O2 have been known to use, or even CPW which is the CarPhoneWarehouse code.

Either way, you are now on the latest/only firmware for JB on O2.

wondering whether i have to go back to ics or gingerbread or something to go forward?

Pointless in my opinion.

Reactions: Shotgun84
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones