• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Joke verizon just told me

bmedclinic

Lurker
Mar 24, 2016
So, I'm moving to a MVNO... paying my ETFs and getting away from these jokers and the joke of a phone that is a droid maxx. These dumdums just told me... get this...

That verizon is not responsible for the maxx never getting the lollipop update.

Made me laugh pretty hard. Hope you all laugh too.
According to them, and this is their "tier 2 tech support" clown- motorola decided to add features to the OS (lollipop) that the phone couldnt handle, so they (verizon) was stuck, unable to have an update to send out. Oh, poor verizon. You're such a victim in all of this. There, there.

Oh, I got a good chuckle out of that.

Bye, big read V. We are unlikely to meet again.
haha.

So completely untrue, with the obvious evidence that the identical Verizon Moto X received lollipop.

The most likely answer is that Motorola simply doesn't have enough people to create the ability to get lollipop onto this phone with all of the marshmallow work they have in front of them for their newer phones, plus the new models coming out this year. That includes no marshmallow for the 2014 Verizon Moto X.

Another possible reason is that Verizon charges Motorola for tests that they run, and they just can't afford testing theses phones for L on top of the two new ones for M, and the Turbo for M as well (if it ever gets it.)

I'm staying with Verizon because I actually like having service on my phone rather than no signal (as would be the case for any other carrier around here), but I bought one of the phones that gets updated no matter what Verizon says. And that's what I'll continue to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones