• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jumped in deep with first android.

Screech

Jun 8, 2011
Eastern NC
Hi, I'm Screech. Been wanting a smartphone but for "contractual" reasons saw no reason to get one from my provider. Last phone I got from my provider was the Sony Ericsson w810i (well from the old company before they were bought out by the current branding). I bought a Sony Ericsson Aino directly from Sony, not a smart phone, that was still very good on features, but like most Ainos recently developed the dead touch screen and no screen power down while closed. One of my goals when upgraded from the Aino was to lose no feature that I had, hardest feature to match in a non-smartphone was the WiFi. While in Norway last week I bought the Samsung Galaxy S II. But, in the end I did lose one feature: PS3 Remote-play. I still have a PSP that can connect to this phone's portable WiFi hotspot.

Have a lot to learn, but I hope that getting this phone will prove to prevent me from having to replace it anytime soon.

Out side of the phone thing, love working on cars and computers (hardware and software). Maybe try my hand at some Android apps though that will have to be this fall or winter, just too busy this summer.

Hello Screech and welcome to Android Forums. Congrats on the new phone. I hope it will serve you well. Here is a link to the sub forum just for you new device. I hope you enjoy the site and gain some insight to you new phone.
Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android Forums
I was there first, not my first run through a forum ;)

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones