• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just got a rooted thunderbolt with sense. Advice please?

Thechidz

Mar 13, 2011
Hello,

I just traded my iphone 4 for a rooted tbolt. I am loving it.

Pros: customization, SPEED, google integration, SPEED, nice big screen, did I say SPEED?
Usb tethering to a computer via pdanet is blazing fast

Cons: sirius xm app not working? It gets caught with a spinning wheel loop.
Unfamiliar with android and especially rooting? Anything I need to know about updating or not pdating software or apps? Any advice on the transition from ios to sense? Any advice on syncing to my mac?
Multitasking seems weak compared to ios. Am is missing something here?
So sorry for being such a noob, this is all very new to me and i dont want to brick the phone. Wifi tethering to computer or tablet via barnacle is very slow, difference between download speeds on usb tethering vs. Wifi tethering is 18-20mbps to 1-2 mbps.

Thanks guys!

Deny it. Some people say if you go into Settings you can disable the update request. I think it's a certain ROM that has that feature though. One thing to keep in mind, if an update pops up while you're in the middle of something on your phone, there is a good chance you can download it on accident. There's some documentation out there that tells you how to make sure you don't install the downloaded file.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones