• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting issues :(

phoeberose

Lurker
Dec 21, 2013
The all-in-one root tool's download link is no longer working (it says 'file not found') so I've istead gone through the manual steps listed on the "Thunderbolt Root/Unroot Thread" (which I was going to post this in but didn't know who would see it). My command window looks almost exactly like the OP's command window until the very end where it scans all the 'regions', I never get an "exploiting device" message. I've gone through those exact steps several times now and even let it sit for 10-15 minutes to see if the process just takes a bit but nothing. I'm wondering what I am doing wrong?

My phone is securely connected to my PC with a USB, USB debugging is turned off, charge only is selected, 'stay awake' and 'never turn off' are turned on and I'm not sure what else I could be doing wrong.

I think I should also note that I tried to install Revolutionary and it says "Your device: mecha, with HBOOT 1.08.000, ANDROID: 4.0.4, ROM version: 7.02.605.18 is not supported at this time."

My phone is an HTC Thunderbolt (obviously), the Android version is 4.0.4, the HTC Sense version is 3.6. Let me know if there's any other info you need and thanks SO, so much in advance for your help! I am desperate here, haha.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones