• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just got my 128gb microsd

zbod

Mar 27, 2010
Just in case you were wondering if it worked....it does!
9fQghPr
imgur: the simple image sharer
9fQghPr

Congratulations on having lots of storage to play with, Zbod!

Amazon just bumped my delivery date up a week to Monday or Tuesday! And I can hardly wait :D :D :D

For those of you who missed it, here's the listing:

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSDQUA-128G-G46A): Computers & Accessories

:)

EDIT: Dynomot, I remember when floppy discs were really floppy. 5-1/4" monsters. Then came the floppies in the little square plastic. And you could buy them double-sided, double-density to store a staggering 1.4 MB on each one.

Hard to believe that now this little chip comes along, that I can balance on my thumbnail, that holds more data than 88,889 floppies. Makes you wonder what's next!

Upvote 0
Holy Moley, I have a 32 gig and thought about getting a 64 gig but I haven't even filled the 32 gig one up yet! You must have a lot of music, videos and pics, or even games? That is a lot of space. I did have to replace my sd card a few weeks ago when I noticed that all my pictures were gone (the ones on the card) and my ring tone had gone to a stock one and I even tried to access the card on my pc and it kept saying the card was damaged and did I want to format it will after a lot of aggrevation I did just that and reinstalled all my music, pics and ring tones and after a day or 2 it did it again so I got a new card but didn't want to spend too much if they're was a problem with the phone causing the problem. I never take that card out so I'm still having a problem wondering what caused it. :banghead:

Upvote 0
Congratulations on having lots of storage to play with, Zbod!

Amazon just bumped my delivery date up a week to Monday or Tuesday! And I can hardly wait :D :D :D

For those of you who missed it, here's the listing:

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSDQUA-128G-G46A): Computers & Accessories

:)

EDIT: Dynomot, I remember when floppy discs were really floppy. 5-1/4" monsters. Then came the floppies in the little square plastic. And you could buy them double-sided, double-density to store a staggering 1.4 MB on each one.

Hard to believe that now this little chip comes along, that I can balance on my thumbnail, that holds more data than 88,889 floppies. Makes you wonder what's next!

What's next memory wise ? Very little I expect. In twenty years time storage as we know it will be on the cloud totally, along with apps we subscribe to use rather than purchase as exe and apk files to our PC's and mobiles. Our devices will just be a CPU terminal with access to the cloud.

Speaking of 5 and a quarter floppy disks. have you ever seen an eight inch monster.

My first home computer was a Sinclair ZX81 it was monochrome, pluged into the TV, loaded programmes (not apps) from audio cassetes directly into it's RAM (a miniscule 1K) and the UI was just a terminal for BASIC (Beginners All Purpose Instruction Code) - ask your grandad). I taught myself "Sinclair BASIC" Christmas day 1981, from its superlative manual and by summer 1982 I was using Z80 (that was the CPU) assembly language and actually coding simple stuff in Hex. To code into it you had to set a system Flag called RAM_TOP lower and "poke" individual bytes into addresses above that. To call a machine language program from it's basic you had to use the USR command, not on its own but in a BASIC statement like "PRINT USR 45678" where 45678 was the start of your program. One wrong digit - crash, cat ripping out power lead - program gone. Loading time (and saving) saving to cassette tape for a 1K programme approx 45seconds.

Joy, and it was. :)

Upvote 0
Since we are all telling our war stories of the good old days I'll chime in. I remember my excitement in circa 1981 when I had to ship my 60 pound luggable Osborne I computer from Atlanta to Denver to have the floppy drives upgraded from single density to double density. This meant that when I used my word processor (WordStar) and wanted to spell check I did not have to removed the WordStar floppy and temporarily replace it with the spell check floppy. Oh happy day. And in those days if I wanted a 5 MB (yes MB not GB) hard drive the price had recently dropped from over $5000 to about $2000.

Oh and by the way I haven't begun to fill up my 16 GB SD card so I'll wait awhile on the 128 GB upgrade.

Upvote 0
Next up will be 256GB. Memory card space almost always doubles when they get upgraded, I say almost because back in the early 2000s' they were coming out with lots of different Memory card formats. Anybody remember ZIP and Shark drives? They used cassettes basically but with the right adapter you could run them through your iPAQ and other Pocket PCs.

Upvote 0
Next up will be 256GB. Memory card space almost always doubles when they get upgraded, I say almost because back in the early 2000s' they were coming out with lots of different Memory card formats. Anybody remember ZIP and Shark drives? They used cassettes basically but with the right adapter you could run them through your iPAQ and other Pocket PCs.

Ah cartridge drives - Syquest and Zip. I still have mine somewhere.

Upvote 0
Am I the only guy that got his start with punch cards? Programs and data storage on disks and internal drives? Fuhgeddaboudit --- give me a 10 pound box of punch cards any day.

Luxury.

I started on a home built Simon V made from ex post office [telecomms mechanical switching] relays and with a punched tape reader. This was built according to a November 1950 Scientific American magazine article.

After that I was using a 1960s Elliot 803 commercial computer which used both punched tape and punch cards.

Those cards looked very like the famous Florida hanging chad cards albeit where non spec paper stock was used.

640px-PaperTapes-5and8Hole.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones