• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got my droid and cant boot it.

Tanro

Lurker
Apr 14, 2010
WEll I got my droid. Been playing with it for a while. Then I decided to reset it and wipe out the previous owners emails, phone numbers, and all the personal info on it so I dont get his emails and crap.

I traded my LG Cookie for it so it was a great deal, only thing is I dont plan on using this as my phone, I want it for the great apps and email and web browsing via wifi. It worked great until I reset it now it needs to be activated by calling the version number. I dont know the phone number for it so I was wondering if there is some way to hack into the phone via rooting it or something and have it just as a toy (not phone calls or SMS or anything)

It is the motorola Droid phone from verison. I dont have verison's phone service and dont want to get it until my current contract runs out. I just want to be able to access face book, gmail, browser, and play my games I have for it. Just got Snesoid, Gameboid, and Genesoid for it so I was looking at loading up my sd card with roms I allready have on my pc.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones