• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just joined

beatnik

Lurker
Sep 28, 2012
Hello all, I have lurked here for a while but just decided to register.

I own several android devices, as follows.

Tablets:
Asus Transformer 300, Running JB 4.1
Archos G8 101, Running ICS 4.03 (think IDK or remember if it is .04 or .o3 but i think still .03)

Mobile phones:
Samsung Galaxy S3, Running ICS 4.04
Samsung Galaxy S, Running GB 2.3

I haven't rooted anything. I actually like the Asus Software addons which are minimal. The Archos May be Rooted Soon. As for my mobile Phones I have Warranty's on them both and the Galaxy S i purchased for my mother and she has no need for root and she is more likely to break it and need the warranty, also as far as the G3 goes i do hate touchwiz although being a brand new device and not many roms are really yelling at me right now i will keep it stock and i am currently using GOlauncher mostly for gestures and themes (IMO they don't do much that i need)

Of course when the warranty runs out (maybe before ill root the S3 but ill be waiting to see how the OTA JB update does to it too, that is if it actually comes out HAHA i know it will but how long... lol i just hope they dont delay another 2 moths as this device will benifit from jellybean and my asus got it like at the end of JUNE but it didn't really change much IMO but it is the tablet version so who knows what will be different on the mobile phone version.

Well in all that was my EXTRA long introduction sorry about that. but those are the devices i have and where i am at with them.

Welcome beatnik, and don't worry about long intro's i read the whole thing and enjoyed what you had to say and what your future in the rooting world looked like!

And don't even get me started on carriers pushing out updates haha.

Anyhow, hopefully we can help you with any android related questions and queries and get you on your way! :)

Thanks for joining and enjoy your stay :D:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones