• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just to say "HI" and a Few Thoughts...

michschu1

Lurker
Feb 25, 2011
Hi, I am new to this forum and since having seen a popular rise in the android market would like to know more about the advantages(and disadvantages, if any) and also share my knowledge about these devices as and when deemed necessary.:)

I am the kind who likes to do a lot of research before opting for anything and more importantly I like to read(hell a lot of) reviews, opinions and thoughts of those who actually own, owned/had or have user experience with a device, rather than just assuming/speculating from the device specifications dished out by companies/forums.:D

I think we all know what happens when we do that :rolleyes: The ideal method usually is to go to specialized sites or forums, and read user reviews, rather than only the editor's review, because an editor may be biased if he/she likes the product himself/herself so there's a possibility that it might influence the result, the same way how we as users have that same bias based on either what we have or like or that has caught our imagination.

I generally would establish "WHAT WE/I NEED" first rather than what others think is best for us/me, then find out the available options and set out analyzing the Pros and Cons of all the available devices that meet that criteria, and then go by which out of those has the best usability, specifications, service/warranty and more than cost, VFM compared to the competition, pertaining there is nothing that I would want missing from that device, or if the missing feature is of no consequence to my needs. (Most times in life we have to make sacrifices whether we like it or not!)

The Biggest mistake one can ever make is either get a device without researching and being well informed, and then fret, or Wait forever on the supposedly better option. Here's a thought, when you get something learn to be satisfied and if it gets whatever you want done satisfactorily then forget about the crying over spilled milk game and move on.

People often times don't take into consideration that the supposedly better phone would be TWICE or even more times costly, NOT in your budget, have lesser or sometimes miss the basic features that you and your seemingly ordinary phone use in plenty! "Oh but it's an Apple, it's a so and so" won't work. Apples are costly and a Banana does the same job. If it is a phone(or a fruit) you paid four times the amount for and didn't have a feature you end up being the fruit! Catch my drift?!:eek:

I think the wait and wait for the better phone is the most stupid and senile case, let me elaborate:
First case, We NEVER Keep It Real and Always WANT something that is the latest and the BEST. Okay so what happens:

The phone is supposed to be new, naturally overpriced! It doesn't release until so and so date. If released, you wait for the price to drop, by which time, there is already a bigger, better model, or in fact thousands of models with newer technology, newer everything and you are left stumped! So you end up waiting and waiting till you are eventually DEAD!:eek:

Hope that some of you take these thoughts into consideration and it turns out to be a good experience for life with this forum and I wish to say Hi to all its readers and a Big God Bless. All The Best...

Warm Regards,
Michael :cool:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones