• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] 2.2.2 Kernel for Opt M

using my original 748-768 OM with kelsos 2.2.2 ezrider and flashed the 2.2.1. OC kernel and all seems well so far.

This one didn't have the reboots really though, it was my other one I got after I broke (then fixed) my original one. So I am able to OC and the ics theme is also a nice addition.

I have the same setup on my other OM (reboot problem) but haven't switched service to see if it makes a difference...cause it never reboots now that its been sitting without service. Would service active make a difference with the rebooting problems? Is it the kernel in the affected phones that are causing the reboots?

Upvote 0
using my original 748-768 OM with kelsos 2.2.2 ezrider and flashed the 2.2.1. OC kernel and all seems well so far.

This one didn't have the reboots really though, it was my other one I got after I broke (then fixed) my original one. So I am able to OC and the ics theme is also a nice addition.

I have the same setup on my other OM (reboot problem) but haven't switched service to see if it makes a difference...cause it never reboots now that its been sitting without service. Would service active make a difference with the rebooting problems? Is it the kernel in the affected phones that are causing the reboots?

Yes it's the kernal that causes rebooting /freezing. If it's not rebooting with service off then I would say yes it has to be active for it to reboot. Then 2 it could be because it's not activated and not really being used the phone is not being stressed. Just an assumption.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Is this Kernel the stock 2.2.2? My phone came with 2.2.1 out of the box.. I am currently rooted with no mods..stock 2.2.1 still.. If I installed Reppards r.O.C.K anyrom OC kernel and decide i want to go back to stock rooted could i do that with a Nandbackup? or would i need to flash this 2.2.2 Kernel? and would this kernel cause me problems because my phone came with stock 2.2.1?

Upvote 0
heh.. believe me im so glad that i did one right away because i started deleting data to make space and realized..i have no contact list and alot of other stuff was acting up and not working. Nand Backup made me a believer..

there's a list of safe apps to delete lol

http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/253523-list-apps-safe-remove.html

I thought I saw a list of safe apps to remove for version 2.2.2 but I can't find that thread anywhere, it should be somewhat similar with 2.2.1 anyways...

Edit:
Oh wait your on stock 2.2.1 lol :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones