• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][ICS] S-Kernel Builds [M1]

azoller1

Android Expert
Jul 16, 2012
Here are my skernel builds, but for ics 4.0.4, because I am now running ics and want a better kernel than stock

Features
Based off of TDM's ICS kernel source
1674mhz Overclocking
Voltage Control Table (User adj)
SmartassV2 Gov
Lulzactive Gov
KSM Patches
Load_Freq patches
Other patches
Defconfig changes
FSYNC Control
TCP Congestions (bic, westwood, highspeed etc..)

Installation
1. Download zip
2. Reboot recovery
3. With cache and dalvik
4. Flash kernel zip
5. Reboot

DOWNLOADS

SOURCE

Credits/Thanks
TDM, Ortrigger, Yoinx, Playfulg, death, neph, everyone else that got the kernel working for ICS

Reactions: ortrigger
Changelog

M1- added ksm patches, added back controls.xml to fix lots of things, 2048kb readahead, kernel:sched: LOAD_FREQ (4*HZ+61), other changes in source, added fsync control

A4- look at commit history in source link

A3- added smartassV2 and lulzactive governors, and took out userspace and conservative governors out of my builds

A2- added user adjustable voltages, voltage table, use trickster mod

A1- initial release

Upvote 0
The kernel.zip in the test folder is the A1 build, just a build with nothing added in to the initial source, and mods if I should combined this with my jb kernel thread then by all means go ahead and combine them, I just think it would be better organized this way

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones