• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel] MARQUEE UNLEASHED 3D performance booster v3.2.1 (7/18/12)

I have a question: I have a stock (rooted) lg marquee (boost) with clockwork mod recovery and launch sw version lg855zv3 that I rooted right out of the box. I've never used a custom kernel on a stock ROM and wanted to know is this possible? Also how can I extract my current kernel from my stock ROM for a back up if something goes wrong?

Oh, and to anyone whom still has zv3 and gets the annoying update push note, I took the fotakill.apk from cm7 gapps and placed it in system/app with the proper permissions then Rebooted and It indeed blocks the ota's.

Upvote 0
I have a question: I have a stock (rooted) lg marquee (boost) with clockwork mod recovery and launch sw version lg855zv3 that I rooted right out of the box. I've never used a custom kernel on a stock ROM and wanted to know is this possible? Also how can I extract my current kernel from my stock ROM for a back up if something goes wrong?

Oh, and to anyone whom still has zv3 and gets the annoying update push note, I took the fotakill.apk from cm7 gapps and placed it in system/app with the proper permissions then Rebooted and It indeed blocks the ota's.
I can honestly say I've never done a kernel with a stock rom..so I'm sorry I can't answer that.
On another note, this kernel, along with the others in here, were made from the ZV4/ZVC boot images. I'm not sure they will work with the ZV3 version. Since you have CWM, you can always do a nandroid backup. Backups in CWM include the boot image, which is the kernel, so it will automatically backup.

Since you're on ZV3, I would use one of the ZV4 roms posted to update your SW version to ZV4 first. They are pre-rooted, so you will be able to update while retaining root. Make sure you have an unmodified build.prop, as that seems to cause problems with updating.

Another note, make sure you fully boot into a rom after flashing, then reboot into recovery and flash the kernel seperately. Don't forget to wipe your data/cache/Dalvik before the rom and your cache after the kernel.

Upvote 0

The custom kernels WILL most likely work but things will be broken. Mostly due to CIQ removal. So u will get FC's. I highly recommend just flashing CTMod or MB v2, its the updated version you can flash without having to worry about losing any root or cwm.

To extract your current kernel just do a cwm backup and the boot.img will be in the backup folder of your sd

Upvote 0
The custom kernels WILL most likely work but things will be broken. Mostly due to CIQ removal. So u will get FC's. I highly recommend just flashing CTMod or MB v2, its the updated version you can flash without having to worry about losing any root or cwm.

To extract your current kernel just do a cwm backup and the boot.img will be in the backup folder of your sd

Thanks monster, and in addition I've read ndno say he has a "stock" undervolted kernel with the 3d implementation intact so my question now is does it contain the ciq?

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me what safe temps for this phone. I assume there some kind of thermo shut down protection is that right? Using this kernal and phone is reaching 109 and and I can feel it . Feels hot enough that it's concerned me enough to write this. Tried to find the answer with no luck any input or insight would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
hi everyone new to the forum..i had a question. i finally got the marquee rooted and running ctmod.3.6.5..i go to flash the kernel marquee 3d booster v 3.2.1 and it says that it is complete and to reboot, but, when i reboot it just stays on the lg screen.i left it alone for like 5 min. and it still hasn't booted up. i have wiped cache,dalvik cache,fixed permissions,and even data/factory reset and it still doesn't boot.it just stay on the lg screen like it's in boot loop.has anyone ran in to something like that?i have done alot of flashing kernels and roms on the prevail and this is messing with me head. i know the marquee was a whole different process as far as the root method but the flashing roms and kernels pretty much look the same. am i missing something here?when i reboot after the kernel flashes should i let it sit for more than 5 min?how long should does it take to reboot?i know that alot of the prevail roms that flash say the first flash takes a while to reboot but i haven't had my phone stay in boot loop for more than 5 min. and trust me,i timed it!!LOL any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones