• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][Test] Stable at 1.8 Ghz

Really? I was reading Linaro supposedly offers some performance gains compiling with it, but actually when I was doing research a minute ago I did not see anything on the Linaro site stating that it would offer performance gains for Qualcomm based chips at least.
Guess I'll just skip Linaro then, maybe I'll try it at a later point.

But thanks man! And thanks for pointing me to that source. :)

The source you linked me to has code that downthemachine wrote to set default freqs for governors, and I'm about to test it now!

Thanks again Shabby.

Upvote 0
Hmm init.d support is required to use the set CPU apps?
That's probably why it wasn't working for me because I did not have it enabled. I should of went a head and included it before uploading then, but oh well next upload will include it. But I need figure out that flashable zip first...

The Universal Init.d app works that Slayer72 posted in a thread also, all it does is make the folders and set permissions, and busybox run part, I think. Just FYI as it takes like 2 minutes to enabled init.d using that app.

Also I think superboy4444 ROMs already include init.d as well.

Upvote 0
That's probably why it wasn't working for me because I did not have it enabled. I should of went a head and included it before uploading then, but oh well next upload will include it. But I need figure out that flashable zip first...

The Universal Init.d app works that Slayer72 posted in a thread also, all it does is make the folders and set permissions, and busybox run part, I think. Just FYI as it takes like 2 minutes to enabled init.d using that app.

Init.d isn't needed just a great addition ;)

Upvote 0
I know it's a great addition :) I have a few scripts to include with init.d that make my Nexus 7 run great.

In a post right below the main post (in the link you posted) guy is saying init.d support is proved by the ability to use the set CPU apps. Doesn't matter though, it will be included.

Upvote 0

Yes it does!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones