• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kitchen Storage

AugieTN

Extreme Android User
Dec 9, 2022
Illinois Home & Tennessee RV Home
We have a townhouse with a galley kitchen, so there is not a lot of room or storage space in the kitchen. The wife needs more storage space so here is what I'm doing:

Removing the stove and the microwave above the stove

Just went to Menards and purchased a Four Burner Cooktop, a Three Drawer Cabinet for the Cooktop, and a combination Microwave/Convection Oven to mount above the Cooktop.

Total price $1,781/74 LOL! a lot of money for three drawers. Should be here in about 10 days

Happy Wife, Happy Life!

We have a small kitchen with cabinets and appliances down both sides. Years ago I remodeled the kitchen and installed a dishwasher. We no longer use the dishwasher with only the two of us dirtying dishes. Now I need to remove the dishwasher and build back the cabinet I destroyed to install the dishwasher. Take it from one that knows, if you live in a house for 50 years you will remodel your remodel a number of times.

Good luck with making the better half happy. :)

Upvote 0
I just remodeled the kitchen 5 years ago

kitchen1.jpg

Upvote 0
this is why i do not remodel anything:
bad_remodel.jpg

:D:D:D:D
That is close to the shape my last renters left my rental home. I say last renters, for once I fixed it up one last time, I sold it. Talk about being PO'd !!!! Their dog or dogs... perhaps the tenants, chewed the bottom off all of the lower cabinet doors and drawers. A clean up and fresh paint wasn't the fix. I spent all of my free time across a summer putting the dwelling back together good enough to sell. How someone could live that trashy is beyond me.

Upvote 0
That is close to the shape my last renters left my rental home. I say last renters, for once I fixed it up one last time, I sold it. Talk about being PO'd !!!! Their dog or dogs... perhaps the tenants, chewed the bottom off all of the lower cabinet doors and drawers. A clean up and fresh paint wasn't the fix. I spent all of my free time across a summer putting the dwelling back together good enough to sell. How someone could live that trashy is beyond me.

I was going to buy, rehab and rent out a house once, but I worked with a guy who had 3 condos he rented out. Everyday at work he looked like pure hell and I'd ask him if he was okay. He would say, I was up till 1 am fixing the plugged up sink at my rental

Upvote 0
Maintenance is a bugger but prepping the house for a new renter is always bad. And then you get a young, seemingly nice couple with a newborn as tenants and they total your rental... mind boggling. It is a nice revenue stream but I was lucky enough to ride inflation and put most of my income back into the home to sell. If not for inflation, it would have been a solid revenue dump.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones