• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root kitkat update!

I say the hell with CM, we don't have nor IMO will we ever have the Dev support for porting CM to this device, I say we just continue porting features from KitKat over to our custom rom for this device cause I believe that's the closest we're ever gonna get to Android 4.4+... and yes this device would run KitKat if we had a proper build from source for it cause as you've said Google already stated that it was made to run on lower memory/lower end devices, besides I've already ran everything that was in the system dump for Android 4.4 for the Nexus 5 minus the Desk Clock and it all ran well without a hitch, so don't believe the hype people, the Rush could undeniably run KitKat and do it with ease... Just some informative words for the nonbelievers to soak up... :p

its not impossible. its just the question of if we can get cm10/11 built with our proprietary libs and and drivers. anyone who wants to give a shot at it i can make an extractfiles.sh for them to try and build one. in no way this will be easy though.

since were already on JB it would be simple as getting someone to build and pull the required files via adb from their phone at the same time. no patching required. .

Upvote 0
Sorry for dropping a Monster Reborn on an old topic...but having read through this, I had to say something.

So there's a couple folks over at a different forum (Android Central) who got CM11 up and running on devices that are technologically inferior to the Rush: the LG Optimus S & V. (The Optimus V builds are currently the only ones that still have active development, though) KitKat runs pretty nicely on my Optimus S (and the current build is 4.4.4), so hopefully development can get going on the Rush...because in all honesty, I'd LOVE to see what the Rush can do with proper KitKat!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones