• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kyocera Hydro Confirmed Working Root

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't click the "restore my data" button without an "encryption password". I've never set this password.

Also, the only option I see is the "security settings" -> "encryption data" -> "encrypt data", but is is dimmed out and says "Charge your battery enough and keep your phone plugged in to start encryption.".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Well UltimateSEO, seems you just copied the script from XDA-Bin4ry see here:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

without giving any credit. Atleast you have not ripped out the infos inside the script, but it is not a good manner to do so. It would be more good if you point to XDA forums in some link and say thanks to the original author!

Upvote 0
Well UltimateSEO, seems you just copied the script from XDA-Bin4ry see here:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

without giving any credit. Atleast you have not ripped out the infos inside the script, but it is not a good manner to do so. It would be more good if you point to XDA forums in some link and say thanks to the original author!

That was originally done in the other post regarding root:

http://androidforums.com/hydro-all-things-root/607733-no-eta-root-hydro.html#post4966383

Thank you jmz!
Confirmed working on the Kyocera Hydro. I just did it successfully.
I take no credit for this - all thanks to jmz above, and Bin4ry, kamistral, Team FreeXperia, et al @XDA for making this happen!

Root for the Hydro -

** I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY GO WRONG WITH YOUR PHONE AS A RESULT OF USING THIS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ROOT-RELATED ACTIVITIES YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE
It worked fine for me, but your mileage may vary, so - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!**

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1328668&d=1347724800

*Download the file above.

*Connect phone to computer, and select "Media Transfer" on the phone (go to "System", "Developer Options" and make sure "USB Debugging" is checked)

*Run the "RunMe" file in the "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v2_win-linux" file you just downloaded, and select "3> Other" in the on-screen prompts.

*The phone will ask you to enter an encryption password... hit "restore my data" on the bottom of the screen on your phone.

*Follow any further on-screen prompts, your phone will reboot, and you're Rooted!

*NOTE*
(Still working on a Recovery atm... I will check back and report when I have it working - BUT UNTIL THEN, BE CAUTIOUS ABOUT WHAT YOU DELETE/CHANGE - WE HAVE NO RECOVERY AS OF YET)

Be careful, and enjoy!

But yes, I agree.

Upvote 0
While it is considered rude to not cite sources and give due credit/s, my feelings aren't hurt in the least. lol All I did was try jmz's suggestion, and report what/how I did it.
I'm just glad we all have a rooting method that works - regardless of who/what/how.

As mentioned above by blt24, this does not install busybox, so that must be installed separately - which is not a big deal really.
For those that are in the dark about where to find it, you can get it here -
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox&hl=en

What we need to focus on now is getting a working recovery, such as CWM.

Reactions: Syringelos
Upvote 0
While it is considered rude to not cite sources and give due credit/s, my feelings aren't hurt in the least. lol All I did was try jmz's suggestion, and report what/how I did it.
I'm just glad we all have a rooting method that works - regardless of who/what/how.

As mentioned above by blt24, this does not install busybox, so that must be installed separately - which is not a big deal really.
For those that are in the dark about where to find it, you can get it here -
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox&hl=en

What we need to focus on now is getting a working recovery, such as CWM.

the guys point was only for the OP. Not anybody else. The OP took the root method om xda and changed some stuff and calling his own without credit to xda author.

Upvote 0
Any upcoming news for RESTORE, my 60 day old HYDRO is acting strange...I have not ROOTED it yet..I have contacted KYOCERA, so they might want me to return the device..any advice would be greatly appreciated..I guess I could do a FACTORY RESET if they want it back to replace it..I just don't want to send it back for a refurb unit, which is what they usually do ((o:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones