• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest i9100 modems

Orrite Syd old fella. Things not great. Having to deal with a lot of family issues, so just keeping my head down and plodding on at the moment.

As for an upgrade, it will certainly be an S4, but not quite sure when. My contract is due for renewal now, but with so much going on currently, it may be a couple of months before I desert the S2 ship.

Reactions: Sydney99
Upvote 0
Quick tip... Although Hawker already said that both are performing quite well: if anyone was finding XXMS2 a good modem, I highly recommend giving MS3 a go. Seeing some crazy data speed increases in low signal areas (approx 220kb/s instead of about 180kb/s where I study at uni.) Well worth a flash!

Edit: can confirm the XXMS3 is a good'un! Keeper for sure, new DL speed records for me as well as H+ in areas I've never seen before. New daily driver!

Reactions: Twinn
Upvote 0
Hi, I am running XXLS Neatrom and CWM version 6.0.1.8

I managed to flash the LQ5 from this thread but the XXMS4 and XXMS3 always brough up the fail message.

Thanks

I honestly do not know why you are experiencing a problem. Unless it is because your CWM version, 6.0.1.8, has been replaced by 6.0.3.2. You could try installing the latest PhilZ recovery for your kernel, here.

I'm guessing you're missing a letter off of, "XXLS". Nonetheless, would it not be easier just to flash, say, one of the the latest NEAT ROMs, such as XXMS1, which contain an updated modem, MS4.

Upvote 0
hello i have done alot of searching but still cant find the info i need ... i just got the i9100 and i live in the USA i flashed a rom and everything is good but i am having problems with network connectivity i have been flashing "Modems" and cant find the one that would work for here any help would be nice thank you

the AOSB kitkat 4.4.2 love this rom just need to get the signal part fixed

Unfortunately, the GT-i9100, International was not designed for operation in the USA. Hence the host of variants offered by US carriers which work on the US networks which differ from the international ones. The nearest modem that may offer some help would be the Canadian modem for the i9100M but depending on your US network, even this may not be useful. There are, of course, no 4.4.2 modems available but you could try a 4.1.2 one. For modem downloads, see post #1 of the Modems - Dummies Guide

Reactions: Twinn
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones