• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Launcher Pro freezing

chingon

Oct 13, 2010
I'm having problems with launcher pro. When i first started using it it was ok. Pretty smooth and a tiny bit laggy. But now it freezes and i have to do battery pulls a few times a day and its laggy as hell. My phone isn't rooted at all although i tried and failed and just left it at that. I've removed a lot of apps as well and that didn't help. When i remove launcher pro or switch to the stock launcher everything is fine and dandy.
Anybody have this problem before or anyone that can help troubleshoot this with me?
Thanks

Play with LP advanced settings for memory? Remove widgets one by one?

Make sure you remove all the widgets on touch wiz before loading LP. Having all those widgets on the stock launcher under LP can cause issues. Hope this helps.

yup what these fine individuals said :D advanced settings in lp really alter performance...and if you have multiple launchers installed and widgets running on them you ll running memory so low you ll have fc's...i believe anytime you go under say 35mb ram free you ll start getting lp fc's

Upvote 0
Yes just delete them off your homepages. Also under advanced settings on LP try increasing the Minimum Scrolling speed (I have mine set at 100) as well as the Drawer opening speed (im at 7 out of 10). This gives the phone a super fluid scrolling and app drawer opening speed. Also set your Screen Previews opening speed to 10. LP will seem smooth as silk with these settings. Also check to see if you have High quality scrolling enabled. This could give you a performance hit. I leave mine unchecked. Play around and find the ones that suit you best.

Upvote 0
Ok I think i figured out whats was causing problems with launcher pro. It was the app 'myremniders.' I was running touchwiz because LP was pissing me off and everything was fine. Battery lasted a heck of a lot longer as well and my GPS locked on a lot quicker. Then I added myreminders to TW and the performance went to hell. Deleted the widget and everything was back to normal. Then i deleted the widget from LP and it started working fine again. This kind of sucks because i really like the myreminders widget.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones