• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher Pro PLUS!

LauncherPro needs to get two things:

1. Mobile Network On/Off Toggle Widget, the Sense UI for DInc has one, but for some reason it is not available on Launcherpro along with other system toggle widgets

2. For LauncherPro Plus, please allow free resizing of certain widgets such as the Google Calender widget. By free resizing, I mean being able to resize it to any size instead of set sizes. Some widgets can do this already, but the Google Calender does not. Also, it would be nice if you could resize it from any corner and not just the lower right corner.

Upvote 0
Anyone experiencing near unresponsiveness while trying to change dock icons and shortcuts? Like you long press, options open, choose an option and phone becomes frozen. If you can get the phone to react the further option windows never open. If you leave the phone alone for well over a minute the further option windows finally open. It's pretty ridiculous. I love everything else about launcherpro.

Upvote 0
Anyone experiencing near unresponsiveness while trying to change dock icons and shortcuts? Like you long press, options open, choose an option and phone becomes frozen. If you can get the phone to react the further option windows never open. If you leave the phone alone for well over a minute the further option windows finally open. It's pretty ridiculous. I love everything else about launcherpro.

I have posted this before somewhere on the forum. The lag may be coming from Sense taking too much memory in the background. Load Sense and choose the scene clean slate. That will take up less memory. Then load LP and set it as default and go into Applications and force stop Sense.
If that doesn't work try uninstalling and then reinstalling LP.
Hope that helps.......

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
I have posted this before somewhere on the forum. The lag may be coming from Sense taking too much memory in the background. Load Sense and choose the scene clean slate. That will take up less memory. Then load LP and set it as default and go into Applications and force stop Sense.
Hope that helps.......

Seems I've entered a cross topic here unfortunately: I have the Samsung Captivate. I wish it had Sense, but it does not. However this is the main active thread for this app so I am here =P

edit: whoa... weird. My signature isn't showing here. WTF?

Okay what the heck, as soon as I load up a Captivate forum my sig updates here. Blah!

Upvote 0
Hope that helps.......

How do you launch HTC Sense once you've already set LP to the default launcher?

I can't find HTC Sense in the apps.

EDIT: Nevermind. Got it.

Upvote 0
I just purchased LP Plus and I am waiting for it to activate. When using Sense UI I use the Mobile Network widget to turn on and off 3g and I also use the WIFI widget and the GPS widget. Does LP Plus come with Mobile Network widget that does the same thing and a GPS, and WIFI widgets to?
Thanks

No Launcher Pro doesn't have any power management widgets built in

Upvote 0
Has anyone been able to choose "shortcut" then "activities" and it works? All i get is a black screen with the activities header.
Sure. I get the black screen to for quite some time while the phone figures out all the available activities.

I usually have to swipe the black screen a couple of times to keep the screen lock from kicking in, but that list gets there eventually! :)

Upvote 0
Can you edit an icon in LPP like in ADW EX? In ADW you just long press the icon or folder on your home screen and you can rename it, change the icon and the location. Is this possible in LPP?

When you add a shortcut tot the screen it prompts you if you want to change the name on the shortcut and also if you press the icon on this popup screen you can change it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones