• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Ditto on Xscope. Tried restoring defaults and trying again and nothing. Still uses the POS stock browser.

I fixed the problem by accident. I clicked on a link in my email and it asked if I wanted to use stock browser or Xscope. I chose Xscope and clicked the box to make it default. Now when I click on the web browser icon in the dock, it goes to Xscope. I think the latest update of Xscope might have cleared all the defaults.....or maybe I did it while messing around with stuff. Either way, it works now.

Reactions: cycletex
Upvote 0
I fixed the problem by accident. I clicked on a link in my email and it asked if I wanted to use stock browser or Xscope. I chose Xscope and clicked the box to make it default. Now when I click on the web browser icon in the dock, it goes to Xscope. I think the latest update of Xscope might have cleared all the defaults.....or maybe I did it while messing around with stuff. Either way, it works now.

Yeah, I had tried that and nothing. Ended up going into manage applications and did a "Force Stop" on the stock browser. That seemed to do the trick. Guess the combo of all that finally set everything up to pull up Xscope by default now.

Upvote 0
I haven't messed with LauncherPro a lot, but believe I'm experiencing this too. I also recently downloaded SwitchPro . . .

I had my phone plugged in all night, when I got up at 715 it was at 99%, kinda odd, by 1145 it was at 63% with minimal use. Nothing else out of the ordinary was running, I have uninstalled SwitchPro for the time being to see if that's it. I'll post my results

Upvote 0
I had my phone plugged in all night, when I got up at 715 it was at 99%, kinda odd, by 1145 it was at 63% with minimal use. Nothing else out of the ordinary was running, I have uninstalled SwitchPro for the time being to see if that's it. I'll post my results

Thanks. I had my phone plugged in all night too and had a 100% charge at 5 AM. By noon, with absolutely NO usage I was down to 49%!!

Currently, 2 PM, I am at 34%.

I will unistall LauncherPro, fully charge, then restart and see what happens. I'll post results too.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I had my phone plugged in all night too and had a 100% charge at 5 AM. By noon, with absolutely NO usage I was down to 49%!!

Currently, 2 PM, I am at 34%.

I will unistall LauncherPro, fully charge, then restart and see what happens. I'll post results too.

Thats weird because I am experiencing the exact opposite as you, I've used my phone non-stop for 2 hours and have left it in standyby for 9 hours and have yet to make it drop below 85%. Coming from HelixLauncher this is a GIANT improvement.

Upvote 0
downloaded tonite. charging now. will update around lunch time about battery issue, if any at all.
so far, i really like this one. came from zeam custom. much better than helix.

Unplugged phone at 6:45am est. Had 100% charge
listened to 10 minutes of scanner,
made one 3 minute phone call,
received and sent 1 text message.

Down to 84% in an hours time.

I will update throughout the day.

Upvote 0
I'm coming from helixlauncher, and I can say for certain that launcherpro is much better on battery then helix was. It seems to run the battery down faster then Sense used to, but I have a charger at work, so it's not a big issue for me. Plus the developer seems to be actively working on the program, so hopefully it will get better with time.

By the way, what is everyone using to pinpoint what programs are using the most battery? Or is just trial and error?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones