• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro or ADW Launcher

LauncherPro vs. ADW Launcher

• LauncherPro

Votes: 78 72.9%
  • ADW Launcher

Votes: 29 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does ADW let you uninstall by dragging an item to the trash can and holding it there? That feature is like broadband internet compared to 56k. If I didn't have access to broadband internet, I'd just assume not have the internet at all. If I can't uninstall apps by holding them over the trash can, I'd just about assume not even have this phone. Haha. It's that integral to me now.

Upvote 0
You can have ADW look like stock android and even Froyo with some tweaking, but you can also bring up the 6 app dock at the bottom or send it away when you want or when you run an app from it. Works like a charm when you get used to it.

and like someone said above with the new update the pinch "leap" function it has everything i ever wanted.

in my experience I never have slow down and I use "shake them all" live wallpaper (it doesnt get more memory abusive then that). launcher pro was slow for me out of the gate, so I never played much with that one.

Upvote 0
Having now played with both off and on, I think the differences are minor. I didn't have any stability issues with either. For me it's between having the six icons in the slide-up action bar or the extra row of icons on each home screen.

I believe I'm going to stick with LauncherPro and so my vote goes to that, but I can understand why someone would like ADW more.

Upvote 0
Lots of people always talking about one or the other being slow or laggy... I never experienced either often enough to complain about it.. But I like ADW better.. dunno why, I have noticed LauncherPro seems to handle live wallpapers better tho? Anyone else experience this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones