• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Let's Get CM Onto Avant!

Yes I've Done That Like 3 Times And Also I Don't Have A SD Card So I Just Wipe Data Cache Dalvik And System . Is There A Specific Thing I Might Not Be Doing ?
Ok Well Right Now Im Completely Stock Unrooted If Im Doing This Right I First Have To Flash TWRP Using Odin And Then I Wipe Factory Data Reset , Flash ROM , Flash Gapps , Then The Three Fixes All In One Flash Queue . ?
Maybe you should root as well. Most of the people are word before they flash I think

Upvote 0
Ok Well Right Now Im Completely Stock Unrooted If Im Doing This Right I First Have To Flash TWRP Using Odin And Then I Wipe Factory Data Reset , Flash ROM , Flash Gapps , Then The Three Fixes All In One Flash Queue . ?
I think I had an issue with this before the stock ROM had a different data file system which I changed in twrp I might be wrong but I remember formatting the partitions manually.

Reactions: Cobra11Murderer
Upvote 0
Proximity sensor isn't even a concern to me I just tap the power button and turn the screen off when on a call what's drives me nuts is that insane lock screen lag, is it as bad for everyone else as it is for me, I feel like I'm waiting 6 or 7 seconds for the screen to turn on
Is it really that bad for some??? o_O
I get two, maybe three seconds tops for the screen to turn on, I don't think I could handle six.

Upvote 0
Proximity sensor isn't even a concern to me I just tap the power button and turn the screen off when on a call what's drives me nuts is that insane lock screen lag, is it as bad for everyone else as it is for me, I feel like I'm waiting 6 or 7 seconds for the screen to turn on
Mine is like 3-5 second lag

Upvote 0
I just gonna put this out there I repo synced PAC today tethering all day I used the cm hot spot with my APN set like this
It didn't move all day
e96d421db37613ce08c54ffe586e92ba.jpg
6fe2c0b140d2e813d677414c92f06e07.jpg
70f548301a5290741a6ed71e14eed86a.jpg
d516d2f52297ed2fadba19ca0575c233.jpg
da949133a776a415a3922c4d7aef1fea.jpg

Upvote 0
If you go to post 12 of this thread you will see that i posted links to the newest build of cm along with the fix for video playback and gapps. you will also need dfuse06's fixes which should only be a couple pages back.
edit: I did not mirror the files. The links I posted are shortcuts to the posts where you can find the files you need.

Reactions: Blu8
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones