• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Esteem clock stops working

RickyOG90

Jan 29, 2012
Hey everybody, for some reason sometimes when i leave a place where Im using wifi for awhile, and it goes back to 4G, sometimes the 4G wont enable so after enabling airplane mode and then disabling it, 4g will work again BUT, sometimes the clock [the clock on my widgets and the stock clock on the task bar on top] will stop working, like they wont change. Sounds kind of ambiguous but by that I mean like if it stops working at 11:24pm, 10 minutes later, it will still say 11:24pm. It seems the only way to fix that is to reboot the phone. But why does that happen? Any insight to this would help a lot! thanks!

Didn't work, i did it, but I've done that before, by the way, its not a constant thing, it happens randomly and not too often, but it bugs me when it does happen because sometimes I don't realize it for a good while and realize that that's the reason why my text messages haven't been sent and why I haven't gotten a response text

Upvote 0
I am having trouble with my LG Esteem too. Many suggest switching off "Automatic Clock Set" Function under settings/date and time. My LG doesn't even have that checkbox. Under Calender settings- gave me some hope with a home time zone option. Anyhow the clock is still incorrect. I use this device as a wifi only tablet. Any help with OS updates/Installs that exclude the cellular nonsense "metroPCS" and any help with getting the clock to function would kick ass.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones