• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Esteem ICS official version?

And just what makes you think Metro is going to do anything that affects their bottom line/margins on this handset? They have a business to run and profit to make after all. Metro will come out with ICS enabled devices later this year, and they want you to pay for it.

what he is trying to say is that you cant be SO SURE that metro won't release ics to lg esteem. i admit, you have a reasonable point that any person would not argue against. But then again, you are basing your own opinion and perspective and it seems that you are stating your premises as absolute. meaning "it looks like they won't do it, they won't upgrade. end of story (for example)." to drop to the point, you can't be 100% sure maybe 99.9% but not 100%. In the other hand, they could have second thoughts and based on the high demand of the customer they POSSIBLY could made the upgrade to esteem hence creating more attraction for customer and new customer to merge to metropcs with their nice android version development. But after all this is all speculations and really insane ones!!!.

lol. Guys we know everyone here wants an ICS upgrade for the LG Esteem. let's just wait and see what the time is going to tell us, if it does really happen then YAY for LG and Metro!!!!!. if it doesn't we still got hope with CM9.

Reactions: nuttmeg
Upvote 0
A ton of companies do, to not believe what they post on their official Facebook (or twitter, etc) pages is ignorance. Not to mention they sent out a press release when they came out with that list.

I'm sorry if you took my comment personally Red... I meant no offense or ridicule towards you at all. I was merely stating my personal opinion about LG's apparent lack of advertising wisdom... speaking as the former Head of Advertising for a worldwide publication that was, and still is, #1 in it's field... but perhaps I was a bit too rough on LG with my comment... nonetheless, I offer my most sincere apologies if you felt offended by my comment towards LG.
And apologies to LG as well for that matter...

Upvote 0
well since this wasnt true which sucks whats the closest way to make the esteem look like it had ics ?

Theme wise. You could install adw launcher ex with ics theme and folders accompanied by xdailer with ics theme and ics messenger. And finally you could do some mods in uot kitchen to make it look like ics.

Custom roms like Gingeresteem and such already have few ics tweaks applied but other than that you have to wait for an actual ics rom like cm9.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones