• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Motion and MetroPCS rip off!

Nope , I looked at my account , They REMOVED the $70 plan , Only $55 , Then $41 for making account upgrades as putting rhapsody and some extra stuff I never used so I owe $101? You kidding me? I never did this cr__ I am so mad , I am filing a complaint to MetroPCS and also talking to customer service after work!

Upvote 0
i dont get the tethering thing. i have three phones on my plan 2 with 4g and all with unlimited everything. i never had to pay to add tethering/ mobile 4g hotspot app but it works fine and my bill is the same 155 ive been paying since the indulge came out. and im certain i used the stock app to tether for a little while on this billing cycle

Upvote 0
I talked and they said if I really am mad , Make a new MetroPCS account and pay a $15 activation fee with $55 dollars and $10 hotspot , So.... $80 first month , $65 after? Getting reasonable but not what I expected , Still won't pay

Call again, do exactly what you said in a nice tone, if you still don't get the response you want, ask for supervisor.

Upvote 0
I called a Metro Corporate store in my area ,, I called my local store and here is the whole Conversion

Other Guy - Go on
Me - Well I was being charged about $135 for my monthly service and last time they told me it was due to downloading free apps right from the Google Play store"
Other Guy - That is the dumbest thing I have heard , But I can solve your problem
Me - I hope....
Other Guy - Account Pin?
Me - ($$$$YOUR NOT FINDING OUT$$$$)
Other Guy - Is the number you are calling from your MetroPCS Number?
Me - No
Other guy - Please provide me your Number and Name
Me - ($$$$ YOUR NOT GETTING MY NUMBER $$$) Mike
Other Guy - Thank you , It has been said here , $55 for the 4G unlimited plan , and about $40 from changes directly from a MetroPCS store.
Me - So MetroPCS is the people causing me to pay more?
Other Guy - Basicly , It seems as you haven't done anything wrong
Me - Can I speak with a supervisor?
Other Guy - Sure
Me - ( I wait like 10 minutes)
Supervisor - Hello?
Me - Hi
Supervisor - My fellow employee has told me the story and you wanted to find out why your bill is such as high?
Me - I found out and is it possible for you to lower my bill?
Supervisor - Sorry but since they were changes when you changed plan and phone
Me - I was told I would not be charged for changing plans
Supervisor - It is out of my control.. I am truely sorry
Me - Well thank you for the information , May I have your name?
Supervisor - Why for?
Me - So If I need help , I can ask for you
Supervisor - Sorry but not until I have proof your real
Me - Uhhh Ok , Thank you anyways
( I hang up)

Upvote 0
I'll add my two cents worth...

The bimbo who signed my wife up snuck in extra metro pcs features she clearly didn't need. We did get it taken off the second bill, but didn't get a refund for the first bill. It was only 3 bucks, but it's the principle...

Furthermore, while buying a case for her phone, some poor schmuck walk in and doesn't know how to do a master reset on his phone. They charged this guy 15 bucks to do what I would've done for nothing in under a minute! To me? That was f*ckin low, charging someone that kind of money for that...

All carriers more than likely have a way of nickle and diming their customers, but I gotta agree with the OP, metro pcs is king for that! Just switch a phone over, they ding you for ten bucks! They call it an upgrade fee.

Business in america has gone to the dogs.....

On a side note? I always felt uncomfortable dealing with non corporate stores when going in for my wife or daughter. They always seem so shady... (Not that all of them are), It's just a feeling or vibe I get...

Upvote 0
I agree that some stores feel shady and MPCS is the king of those ways to snatch your money , I am at this moment using WiFi and looking for REAL text for free apparently and call for free without SMS activation , I feel like I just lost a dog bit I don't want it anymore.... Next time I get a phone , In about a year or so , I will go with Windows Phone and maybe T-Mobile , Since I have Windows 8 Laptop , XBOX and membership , All I need is the phone and a upcoming Microsoft Surface Tablet

Upvote 0
I'm having this 3 way conference calling problem , I can't drop or get off of the second call... there's no swap/flash/hold buttons for the LG Motion MS770 three way conference calling.... it's the most extremely annoying factor... I can't imagine that any developer would make a phone with 3 way calling and leave this option out.... whoever made this phone and/or it's software screwed up big time with this feature....

Upvote 0
MetroPCS stores are stupid. When I went to get my phone activated, they wanted my mom to pay $20. My mom even told them that they were ripping us off and they were. We even called customer service, and they said that it was a rip off. You gotta be careful with MetroPCS. They'll give you the best deal, but they don't have any of the right information. They even said my old Optimus M had a 1.9Ghz processor. Lol

Upvote 0
MetroPCS stores are stupid. When I went to get my phone activated, they wanted my mom to pay $20. My mom even told them that they were ripping us off and they were. We even called customer service, and they said that it was a rip off. You gotta be careful with MetroPCS. They'll give you the best deal, but they don't have any of the right information. They even said my old Optimus M had a 1.9Ghz processor. Lol
Well it's $15 to activate a phone but the website also had the Optimus M @1.9GHz so I guess there whole system had an error

Upvote 0
That's a scam if I ever read one.

+1

I would go to a corporate store and let them know what happened to you at the other one. Sounds like a franchise store trying to rip you off.

I have been on Metro almost a year, have had four different phones, and have never had any of those issues. Last time I checked, the carrier can not charge you for apps on your device, unless they use data, in which case, you are paying for that already. Any paid apps are paid via PlayStore, or the app publisher. NOT the carrier.

Hell, ATT didn't even try that crap with the iPhone.

Upvote 0
Get this, I got my wife the lg esteem and metro had a promotion of either Netflix or rhapsody included free. They choose Netflix for me. I didn't want Netflix because I already subscribed and they were happy to switch apps. My wife didn't like rhapsody because she couldn't download songs so we wanted to have netflix back but.... (here's the good part) they were charging us $10 a month for rhapsody and total $60 a mo. for unlimited data. They would have to change plans to the new unlimited plan @ $70 a mo. for unlimited data plan w/o either one It would cost me a extra $10 not to have rhapsody music or keep it and continue the original $60 a mo. for unlimited data. Go figure?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones