• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lg Motion will NOT send mms, but I can receive them

My phone is stock and I cant figure out how to send mms with any app other than the stock messaging. Right now I have GoSMS Pro and it receives them just fine but no matter what setting I use it always fails to send. If I send using the stock messaging app then it sends perfectly fine. I am probably just missing something small. It would be nice not to have to switch to the stock app everytime just to send an mms

Upvote 0
I have had this same problem for two monthhs.

I finally rsolved this problem by going into location services and turning off google location services, get of all that crap gps , etc. Removed.

After removing that in location service settings YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET TO SEND TEXTS AGAIN !!!

i should probably make a youtube vido since i know so many people have been struggling with this. I dont have to buy a new cell phone so quickly now. Although my sceen is cracked and that LG motion screen is so tiny to read stuff my eyesight is getting worse from the eye strain

Upvote 0
I know this is late for the OP, but it will help others down the road.

try a programming refresh.

The LG Motion is CDMA so this SHOULD work you.

Go into the phone dialer and press ##626*, a box should pop up asking you for a service code, type in 587846.

One you do this, a small menu should pop up. Now I no longer have the Motion so this is a little fuzzy. I believe what you want is NAM Programming. Once you click into that, you'll see 3 fields of numbers. Just click edit, and ok on each one as if you were editing them but don't change anything. Once you press edit and ok on each one, press done. Your phone should now turn off and reboot. Try to send a text now...

This WILL NOT delete any user data at all, this will simply do a complete network reset / refresh, and 99% of the time solves all text messages issues. At least it did for me and everyone I would do it for.

Give it a try, and get back to us.

Upvote 0
Im telling you ONLY GOING INTO SETTING , THEN LOCATION SERVICES AND TURNING IT OFF WILL ENABLE YOU TO BE ABLE TO SEND TEXTS.

UT IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS WORKED .

THAT RESET ADVICE WILL ONLY BE A TEMPORARY, IF THAT, FIX .....

TRY WHAT IM TELLING YOU AND PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED . I AM NOWHAAPILY ABLE TO SEND TEXT

THIS RESET NONSENSE WONT WORK

Reactions: LumpyLouis
Upvote 0
THAT RESET ADVICE WILL ONLY BE A TEMPORARY, IF THAT, FIX .....

It's definitely a fix, and it's not temporary. It's a complete programming reset, and it does wonders for much more than just text messages. I've done that for a long time on every CDMA I ever owned, and every CDMA phone I ever came in contact with. I was told it had either SMS issues or data issues, and it worked every time and I was never told it stopped working again. I don't see how location services affects SMS, but what ever floats your boat I suppose. Location services use data while regular texts ( non picture messages ) don't use data to send or receive, it uses regular phone network connectivity. Your 4G symbol with arrows will NEVER light up when sending a text or receiving a text. For example, turn on your wifi, and connect to your wifi, and send a normal text, you'll see it simply sends. Then, go ahead, and send a picture message or a long text that is forced into a picture message, and hit send. You'll see your 4G data kick in for a few seconds when sending the picture message or long text. So, for the location services to interfere with normal SMS is extremely unlikely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones