• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help lg ms631 solid brick

i was a happy katana user for many months. and then i returned to these forums to see what was new only to be drawn in to marshmallow.
i used return2stock, then updated ota to eventually get to the latest metro update.
yesterday i decided to attempt root. i attempted the all in one tool and it got hung up. i wasnt sure if it was supposted to do that so i just stopped the process since it appeared to be going no where.
i then began the tmobile root method. from what i read, i believed it was ok to use with metro stock. its difficult for me to understand all this when it seems to me to be scattered all over.
just as it appeared to be working, my wife needed help with xmas presents. after i came back a half hr later, im not sure what happened but twrp couldnt find the internal partitions. in my panic, i downloaded the old return2stock bookstack and rom hoping it would solve it. it did not.
now i have a device that doesnt boot, doesnt go into any mode im aware of, and isnt recognized by my pc.
is there any help???

Reactions: internetplay143
great thought, but already tried.
i also have the boost stylo but it has a security error (authentication fail #11) with a bootloop. think i need to flash a stock z5 rom but im not but im not sure

Oh, sorry. Boost stuck you guys with a terrible (watered down) version of a solid phone.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones