• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lg Optimus M won't boot into Recovery mode

Ive also had the same problem, I held the volume down + home key + power button, the screen with the little android and the working scroller come up for about three seconds and then phone reloads back up to Metro PCS! Please help I goolge all day trying to find a solution. ABD is working on my computer! Than:confused in advance. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Ive also had the same problem, I held the volume down + home key + power button, the screen with the little android and the working scroller come up for about three seconds and then phone reloads back up to Metro PCS! Please help I goolge all day trying to find a solution. ABD is working on my computer! Than:confused in

Just try reflashing the recovery

Upvote 0
Yes I am rooted, I thought that was what I was attempting (flashing into recovery) by holding down volume down + home + power buttons! I know that Im doing something wrong but I cant figure out what for the life of me! (so stumped) My old Ascened was so much easier! LOL!

Did u flash recovery yet

Check your pm's I just made it easy for you

Upvote 0
I have a LG Optimus M that I've been trying to root but haven't been able to. I've used z4root and nothing. What can I do to root my phone?

This was an odd thread to post that in, but have you tried gingerbreak? if your phone is running 2.2.2 you will need to downgrade to 2.2.1 for gingerbreak to work, theres a tutorial for that here somewhere.

Reactions: Puertoricanghs
Upvote 0
Did u flash recovery yet

Check your pm's I just made it easy for you
I have done the same thing, but im not sure which option to select.
the choices are:
reboot now
apply update from sd card
wipe data
wipe cache partition
install zip from sd card
backup and restore
mounts and storage
adavance
power off
im also not quote sure what to hit to select one of those options.
if someone could give me some guidanceit would be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0
the choices are:
reboot now
wipe data
wipe cache partition
install zip from sd card
backup and restore
mounts and storage
adavance
power off

What are you trying to do?

Upvote 0
the choices are:
reboot now
wipe data
wipe cache partition
install zip from sd card
backup and restore
mounts and storage
adavance
power off

Choose backup and backup your phone. You're in recovery. From there you can flash a new ROM if you like.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones