• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Stylo 2 Plus (MetroPCS) Bluetooth issues

ChelBell9

Lurker
Jul 6, 2017
I recently received a system update that installed the Android 7.0 Nougat on my LG Stylo 2 Plus (MS550). Previously, I was on Marshmallow and everything worked fine. Now, the biggest issue I have been facing with the update is Bluetooth. The bluetooth continues to disconnect repeatedly with any paired bluetooth device. Also the Bluetooth controls have stopped working. Yet, they work fine when in Safe Mode. I have contacted Google, MetroPCS and LG, and I have been waiting for an answer for the last 2 months. Is there a fix available for this issue?

Please help!

I recently received a system update that installed the Android 7.0 Nougat on my LG Stylo 2 Plus (MS550). Previously, I was on Marshmallow and everything worked fine. Now, the biggest issue I have been facing with the update is Bluetooth. The bluetooth continues to disconnect repeatedly with any paired bluetooth device. Also the Bluetooth controls have stopped working. Yet, they work fine when in Safe Mode. I have contacted Google, MetroPCS and LG, and I have been waiting for an answer for the last 2 months. Is there a fix available for this issue?

Please help!
have you tried doing a wipe cache partition?

Upvote 0
have you tried doing a wipe cache partition?
yes. I did a full cache partition wipe.

However, I may have found the culprit. I had the Clean Sweeper app on my phone before the update. After the update, the app appeared to do auto cleaning and it included the Bluetooth. I uninstalled the app, and Bluetooth started working with no issues. It appears that the Bluetooth not working, was due to a conflict with a utility app that didn't like the system upgrade.

Reactions: yeseninglesss
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones