• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Tribute 2 (boost) reference guide

Does anybody know how to get into the secret menu on this phone? I've tried all the #*#*_____*#*# codes I could find for the Leon, and none have worked.

BTW, I was able to get my recovery back by flashing this with Flashify. Just rename the file to have " .img " after it and flash away!!

drive.google.com/file/d/0B76ml2yzUbRZMmE4eG03bWo1N0E/view?usp=docslist_api

I wish it was a working TWRP, but at this point a working stock recovery is better than nothing

For sprint phones, the code is 5689#*Model Number# so in case of tribute 2 its 5689#*665#

Reactions: huggs
Upvote 0
Can somebody please attach stock build.prop for Boost Mobile LS665 or post the minfree values down near the bottom of the build.prop ? I modified my minfrees and now apps are closing like crazy, some won't even open. Thanks

I've attached the build.prop file from my tribute 2 in case you still need it. Extract the zip file to get build.prop

Attachments

• ls665 build.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 284
Reactions: huggs
Upvote 0
Here is the Boost Mobile LS665 stock TOT firmware, will fix Security Error at boot, just use LG Flash Tool to flash:

goo.gl/RizWxw

If you have Virgin Mobile then probably data won't work with this.

LG Flash Tool: https://www.mediafire.com/?5cxw1pn2uj8u3jv
Turn off phone, hold VolumeUp key then plug in USB cable to computer in order to enter download mode.
Select the dll and tot using the flashtool and open device manager to manually set the phone (in download mode) to port COM41.
have fun.

Upvote 0
Please guys don't use that website it is fake. @ELGee Don't post fake websites please.

LOL,,,,,I figured it was fake before I even clicked on it due to the guy providing an "upgrade the tribute2 to marshmallow," link. The Tribute2 is a decent little phone to "get a person by", so to speak, but as far as options or ease of rooting? A one out of ten. lol

Upvote 0
Here is the Boost Mobile LS665 stock TOT firmware, will fix Security Error at boot, just use LG Flash Tool to flash:

goo.gl/RizWxw

If you have Virgin Mobile then probably data won't work with this.

LG Flash Tool: https://www.mediafire.com/?5cxw1pn2uj8u3jv
Turn off phone, hold VolumeUp key then plug in USB cable to computer in order to enter download mode.
Select the dll and tot using the flashtool and open device manager to manually set the phone (in download mode) to port COM41.
have fun.

Normally Boost and VM roms play nice with each other.
Why is this not the case with the Tribute 2?
I have virgin ls665 and flashed and ended up trashing my imei. I had to get friend to repair my imei/meid.
Got rom booted, but can't get LTE data working. I have an exclamation mark (usually means APN). But as far as I can see the correct system APN for virgin should be in the default apn list. (I use sqlite database editor to open telephony.db database and I see Internet and the right virgin/sprint APN.
But in the normal apn menu there is one default apn....not the internet and other apns thats in the database.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones