• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Tribute Stock ZV5 Deodexed & Unmodified [4.4.2]

Just curious... What advantages would we get by using this deodexed stock from compared to the stock tribute rom I have now that is rooted? I'm aware of most of the basics but can we do anything like theme the entire system like with a CM12 rom?
Yes, you can theme deodexed roms. The deodexed rom is also rooted.

Upvote 0
Firstly, thank you for all the work you put into this. I have flashed to the latest revision and everything seems to be working great but I am not able to establish a wireless data connection. Any idea as to why? I'm on Virgin Mobile, your post didnt specify a carrier so I figured it was universal. If there is no way around this I can load my backup but i would like to de-bloat it. Can anybody who has self de-bloated help me out with that?

Upvote 0
Firstly, thank you for all the work you put into this. I have flashed to the latest revision and everything seems to be working great but I am not able to establish a wireless data connection. Any idea as to why? I'm on Virgin Mobile, your post didnt specify a carrier so I figured it was universal. If there is no way around this I can load my backup but i would like to de-bloat it. Can anybody who has self de-bloated help me out with that?
I am not sure what carrier this rom was made from. I guess it was Sprint, Boost, or Virgin because of all the Sprint apps I removed. Is it wifi that is not working or carrier data?

Upvote 0
I guess you are on a different carrier than the rom was made from. Normally roms work on all 3 if they work on one, so I am not sure what is going on. If you have an unmodified backup (besides root), I can compare them and see what the differences are. Then I can make flashables for the different carriers.

Reactions: dubbadan
Upvote 0
upload_2015-6-16_21-32-6.png

That's what my backup looks like, what parts do you need?

Upvote 0
Uploading now I'll PM you link once its done. Idk if theres personal info in that. And yes, all I had done at time of backup was rooted and Installed TWRP.
There is no personal info in either of the files I need, but PM is fine by me :)

All your personal data is in data.ext4.win fyi

Reactions: dubbadan
Upvote 0
Oh cool. Also, did you see me edit to my second comment about wiping the device?
I think you did it correctly. I normally do advanced wipe in TWRP and check system, data, dalvik, and cache just to be sure. I think you wiped all those things with what you did though. If you did not wipe system, no big deal because the rom wipes it when it flashes.

You should not have to reactivate as far as I know. I am on Boost and used several phones and reactivation was never required.

Upvote 0
A good rule of thumb, taught to me by the great Jerry Script,( who was one of the original IHO ROM authors) ...
Always start with a clean wipe. That way, none of your old junk is left to screw up your new stuff. With roms..cleaniness is next to Godliness! And backups are everything!

And I had to reactivate too, using the self activate utility. It worked perfectly. Then I updated the prl & profile. Everything worked after that. I had a similar experience using AS8v22 rom for my old LG F3. It worked the same way upon first flash.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A good rule of thumb, taught to me by the great Jerry Script,( who was one of the original IHO ROM authors) ...
Always start with a clean wipe. That way, none of your old junk is left to screw up your new stuff. With roms..cleaniness is next to Godliness! And backups are everything!

And I had to reactivate too, using the self activate utility. It worked perfectly. Then I updated the prl & profile. Everything worked after that. I had a similar experience using AS8v22 rom for my old LG F3. It worked the same way upon first flash.
Are you on Virgin Mobile or another carrier?

edit: I ask because it seems like your carrier data is working and I am trying to find out what works for which carrier. Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones