• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Volt Stock ZV5 Rooted Rom - Odex & Deodex

I have been chasing lte on this device for awhile now. You get alot of theories on how to get it back and how not to break it to start with. The only way to get it back, for me, has been the downgrading method. And I have found that if you downgrade on top of a CM build you have to go back and do it again to get lte back. This is the way it has been for me. It may be different for others.

Upvote 0
I have also found that the downgrade method (flashing zv3 via the LG flash tool) was the only way to get rid of the carrier specific junk on a phone that was previously activated. Full wipe in twrp and then flashing the zv5 rom and radio was not sufficient. There must be some data or partition that does not get wiped by other methods.

Upvote 0
I have a serious question! I just purchased a new Volt(had 1 when it first came out last June!) but I have a tribute now, anyway I'm on ZV3 out of the box, I believe, can I towelroot like old, than flashify the twrp image, than flash supersu, than choose the ZV5 odexed/deodexed rooted roms, will that be OK, I read I'd also need to flash a radiofix, but will I be OK, when you rooted and installed twrp on my Tribute if u did it before taking g the latest update which is also ZV5, you'd reboot fro. twrl into a twrp bootloop, didn't wanna make the same mistake I've learned these phones are alot alike! I'd appreciate any feedback I'm dying to start playing with my Volt. Thanx also to everyone ahead of time!

Upvote 0
My phone still doesn't get 4G and now someone is joining in on my text message conversations. The radio loses signal and stays dead every 5 mins then comes back on. When it does that any text i was sending wont go out until i reboot my phone. An app? Unlikely seems as they're all downloaded from play store:

Youtube
Drive
Device Manager
Titanium Backup
Super SU
Uber
Letgo
Bandsintown
Spotify
Facebook
Messenger
BankofAmerica
Gmail
Maps

Can't even install anything else or my phone runs like garbage which is why i want to flash a custom rom. Been reading about this stagefright just wanted to spread the word, not the worm. I installed the stock rom as i mentioned earlier and flashed their radios, ZV5 and ZV6, CM11 and CM12. Again not throwing out blame just a heads up, this never happened until now and I've had my service for 2 years with sprint already

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones