• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Little Green Man During Call

Hmm, sorry if I gave you false hope then! I thought metamorph didn't require root access, my bad. I'll try and look into this more when I have more time, I'm sure there must be a way to change it but maybe not. But if there is then you're probably right, it will most likely require root :(

Editing the /system directory requires root access.

Upvote 0
As a new Android user I'm not aware of what getting root access requires. Is it a one way street? Will getting such access prevent my phone from getting updates from Verizon? Can I get root access, change what I want and then set it back again?

You need to install a custom ROM (the phones operating system) to get root access. Supposedly there are ways to do it without installing a custom ROM but they don't seem to be very successful. If you go down the custom ROM route you will not be able to get Verizons updates but you will get updates from the person who made the ROM. You should always backup your current ROM before doing it so that you can rollback to your stock ROM if you wanted to. From there you would be back as your phone is now and would be able to update from Verizon.

More info here:
http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-hero/

Upvote 0
I cant believe there is a thread about this.

I'm an adult which is why I and obviously so many others don't want cartoon characters popping up on the screen every single time I use the phone. What I don't understand is why people don't just answer the question, admit they don't have an answer or ignore the threads that don't apply to them

What I can't believe is that we don't have the choice to turn it off.

Upvote 0
honestly, i agree with slug!

[removed by mod]

Google built Android to be rooted and reprogrammed for these exact reason.

Not a word of a lie.. Do you see custom roms for iPhone? no because Apple doesn't want you to customize your phone the way you want.

This is why you can root Android phones and customize things like the callscreen pics and so on.

The question was asked how to do it.

The solutions were posted. Don't like the solutions? Then your kinda up Poop Creek without a paddle.
With that said i would like to thank the members that were helpfull in this thread... I actually didnt know you could change it with root access, not that im interested (i like the green android) but its good to know how root access gives you unlimited options with customizing your phone.

cheers guys! =)

Upvote 0
haha wow.. you people are weird! Who cares if its "unprofessional" its part of the PHONE! Its like saying you want a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, but don't want the cute little horsey or bull on the front. There is no way to take it off without MODDING!

However, I looked into this thread because I want to change it as well... Im on stock Liberty 2.0.1 DROID X so the Android robot is BANANA YELLOW... lol so I want to change the color without having to install a new theme... any help would be awesome :)

Upvote 0
haha wow.. you people are weird! Who cares if its "unprofessional" its part of the PHONE!

Huh? The reasons have already been stated. Calling them "weird" isn't very polite.

Im on stock Liberty 2.0.1 DROID X so the Android robot is BANANA YELLOW...

I suggest asking for advice in the Motorola Droid X section.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones