• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lockbot Pro Issues

Is there anyway to change the slider on the lockscreen?

I'm using the Iphone style by the way.

If by like changing the arrow to something, Then yes. Just go into my themes go into editing the theme you want. Click menu, Then press style and then choose Iphone in your case then it will come up with a box asking what you want to change. I used an icon in place on a theme and it worked just fine.

Reactions: fearofth3dark
Upvote 0
hi

I must admit i love the idea and look of lockbot but wont purchase it until it works properly.

The latest version is probably the best so far but my desire just wakes up after a press of any button (the option not to is set in the options), and when woke the buttons such as menu and home work and start progammes or unlock in my pocket

i need it to diable all buttons until i slide to unlock

the biggest issue i see is that i cannot find a way to contact the developer to notify them of the problems which is a shame.

unless of course it's just me and there is a way to contact them if anyone can let me know

thanks
This is my biggest problem with the app also.

Granted, I'm on the Moto Droid, but about the same thing. If I hit, say, the volume button, it brings up the "slide to unlock" screen. That is no good, because I've unlocked my phone many times while it's just been in my pocket.

The other point is the performance isn't great. When you first load it up, it will lag a bit. If you unlock and let it sit for about 5 seconds, it's smooth as can be. There are times I've slid and unlocked the phone, but it wouldn't unlock because of the bit of lag. I'd wait a second, try again, flawless. I've played with it for about 20 minutes straight. Just locking, unlocking, sliding and getting a feel for it.

While I do enjoy the app, I feel bad for paying $3 or so for it....

Upvote 0
Ok so by someones recommendation (caddyman?) i purchased lockbot pro. The app is amazingly awesome(yah im from south cali :D) and all the skins and different versions of lockscreens are amazing. BUT it randomly wakes up my phone. I tested this by turning off screen timeout and leaving it alone on my desk and 20 minutes later my phone was back open and on the lockscreen! I had my phone open on me constantly today at school and it even turned the ringer back on(that is a HUGE issue:mad:)!!

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated! :)

I've had the same issue with LockBot and with Lock 2.0. I can't figure it out either. With Lock 2.0 I though maybe the animated clider was waking the phone but that wasnt the issue either. I'm stumped :(

www.facebook.com/mikeyleeaz

Upvote 0
iv been so frustrated with the developer of lockbot pro, i use a droid x and incredible for work and it works fine on my incredible, bt on my x since release of the phone it has given me an error "dont select lockbot from the home screen"? and does not give me any options. the only thing i can do is use the back arrow to get back to the main screen. the developer has not responded to any of the 3 emails i have sent.

Upvote 0
so I am new to the forums, and I actually joined just to reply to this thread. I was so frustrated just like most of you with LockBot Pro. Its an awesome app but just not consistent and I always had two lockscreens (default and LockBot). So to fix this on my Droid X, I completely unistalled LockBot Pro first. Then I downloaded NoLock and disabled lockscreen. I then installed LockBot Pro and viola it has worked flawlessly ever since. It also got rid of the lag. Maybe the slowness came from LockBot Pro lockscreen waiting for the default?...

Not sure what other phones this will work for, but Droid X is good to go.

Reactions: prboy1969
Upvote 0
so I am new to the forums, and I actually joined just to reply to this thread. I was so frustrated just like most of you with LockBot Pro. Its an awesome app but just not consistent and I always had two lockscreens (default and LockBot). So to fix this on my Droid X, I completely unistalled LockBot Pro first. Then I downloaded NoLock and disabled lockscreen. I then installed LockBot Pro and viola it has worked flawlessly ever since. It also got rid of the lag. Maybe the slowness came from LockBot Pro lockscreen waiting for the default?...

Not sure what other phones this will work for, but Droid X is good to go.

Well I'm trying this to see if works. I've tried everything else and am at my end. Let's see if this works :rolleyes: .

Upvote 0
hey i own an Xperia Arc and i the problem i face is that when i enable Lockbot pro and lock my phone and when i try to unlock it i end up unlocking it twice and i tried doing what had been said in the thread about disabling and enabling but that didn't work either.....is there anything i could do to over ride the stock unlock screen?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones