• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

looking for a waterproof pouch w/ belt clip

garybeck

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2011
I've spent the last hour looking on ebay and amazon and coming up with nothing. I think what I'm looking for is pretty simple and common but I guess not?

I just want to put my Optimus in a case and clip it on my belt. the only particular thing I am looking for is I want the case to be fairly weatherproof.

It seems all the belt clip holders have huge holes on the sides and corners, so you can see the device from outside. I want something that is more protective, is all closed up, and with a nice zipper on it, so dust and moisture won't get in. I would think these would come a dime a dozen. Maybe $10 max... Maybe I'm just not using the right search term...?

Or am I the only person in the world that wants something like this?

something maybe like this, but without the extra flap on the front:
Amazon.com: Lowepro Ridge 10 Camera Case (Grey): Electronics

or like this but without all the holes on the sides and corners:
Amazon.com: Dickies Rugged Nylon Pouch for HTC EVO 4G/Shift 4G/Thunderbolt/Inspire 4G, Motorola Droid 2/PRO/Bionic, Samsung Galaxy S series and other Mobile Devices (Black): Electronics

(not that it matters but my optimus is in an otterbox... I want to keep the otterbox on and slide it in this case) probably one made for an ipod would work. seems like a pretty simple thing to look for but I can't find one.

I've spent the last hour looking on ebay and amazon and coming up with nothing. I think what I'm looking for is pretty simple and common but I guess not?

I just want to put my Optimus in a case and clip it on my belt. the only particular thing I am looking for is I want the case to be fairly weatherproof.

It seems all the belt clip holders have huge holes on the sides and corners, so you can see the device from outside. I want something that is more protective, is all closed up, and with a nice zipper on it, so dust and moisture won't get in. I would think these would come a dime a dozen. Maybe $10 max... Maybe I'm just not using the right search term...?

Or am I the only person in the world that wants something like this?

something maybe like this, but without the extra flap on the front:
Amazon.com: Lowepro Ridge 10 Camera Case (Grey): Electronics

or like this but without all the holes on the sides and corners:
Amazon.com: Dickies Rugged Nylon Pouch for HTC EVO 4G/Shift 4G/Thunderbolt/Inspire 4G, Motorola Droid 2/PRO/Bionic, Samsung Galaxy S series and other Mobile Devices (Black): Electronics

(not that it matters but my optimus is in an otterbox... I want to keep the otterbox on and slide it in this case) probably one made for an ipod would work. seems like a pretty simple thing to look for but I can't find one.

The two examples you cited are not waterproof, nor water-resistant. They just enclose the phone and protect it from brief liquid encounters.

I'm currently using one of these:

http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-v/267729-best-case-optimus-v-2.html#post2540163

It's more than your $10 max requirement though. I use and like it very much for my particular needs. This does not have a belt-clip but have a belt-loop instead which is more secure IMO without the bulk so I can just slip it into a pocket when needed--again suits my needs better. It also has the ability to securely attaches itself to most any shoulder/backpack strap up to 2.25" wide. There's also a small pouch/compartment in front which holds my spare battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones