1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

looking for a waterproof pouch w/ belt clip

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by garybeck, May 25, 2011.

1. garybeck

garybeck Android Enthusiast

I've spent the last hour looking on ebay and amazon and coming up with nothing. I think what I'm looking for is pretty simple and common but I guess not?

I just want to put my Optimus in a case and clip it on my belt. the only particular thing I am looking for is I want the case to be fairly weatherproof.

It seems all the belt clip holders have huge holes on the sides and corners, so you can see the device from outside. I want something that is more protective, is all closed up, and with a nice zipper on it, so dust and moisture won't get in. I would think these would come a dime a dozen. Maybe $10 max... Maybe I'm just not using the right search term...?

Or am I the only person in the world that wants something like this?

something maybe like this, but without the extra flap on the front:
    Amazon.com: Lowepro Ridge 10 Camera Case (Grey): Electronics

or like this but without all the holes on the sides and corners:
    Amazon.com: Dickies Rugged Nylon Pouch for HTC EVO 4G/Shift 4G/Thunderbolt/Inspire 4G, Motorola Droid 2/PRO/Bionic, Samsung Galaxy S series and other Mobile Devices (Black): Electronics

(not that it matters but my optimus is in an otterbox... I want to keep the otterbox on and slide it in this case) probably one made for an ipod would work. seems like a pretty simple thing to look for but I can't find one.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. OverBoard

OverBoard Member

Kinda bulky, but try these:

Backbone Cases | Nite Ize

The size 10 may be a tight fit with the OtterBox, and the next bigger size 20 too big??? Dunno...Try and find a retailer store and take the phone there and try 'em.

BTW, seems it would be hard to find waterproof belt clip type cases..I think you mean water-resistant?

3. londonstylz

londonstylz Member

4. tli

tli Android Enthusiast

The two examples you cited are not waterproof, nor water-resistant. They just enclose the phone and protect it from brief liquid encounters.

I'm currently using one of these:

http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-v/267729-best-case-optimus-v-2.html#post2540163

It's more than your $10 max requirement though. I use and like it very much for my particular needs. This does not have a belt-clip but have a belt-loop instead which is more secure IMO without the bulk so I can just slip it into a pocket when needed--again suits my needs better. It also has the ability to securely attaches itself to most any shoulder/backpack strap up to 2.25" wide. There's also a small pouch/compartment in front which holds my spare battery.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews