• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looks like July for Galaxy S II and VZW

Jinwons

I agree with you it's just that you talk about future proofing and again I totall agree but I'm really hoping for 4g as Im in a 4g area. This phone meet's I'm sure mine and alot of other people's needs and if your in a 3g area and 4g comes to your area its a win win. If your in a 3g area and its a 4g phone you can still use it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed even though it seem's like I read a bunch of comments of people saying it will not be a 4g device. Keeping my fingers crossed!!! But if its not 4g then the Charge it will probable be. I'm just not sure about the bionic with the bootloader, again hoping motorola does it right

Upvote 0
Well, let's see who's really ignorant. Have you actually read source of that article? That issue is with only 2.3.2, not all GB versions! Once Ice Cream comes out, dual core will have better battery life.

You do realize ice cream wont be on any phone other than the nexus for probably atleast 2 months most likely longer so that is a lot of time to be waiting. Just saying

Upvote 0
Ice cream is like a year away. lol k n00b.

Paragraph 2 and 3 say it all.

I meant the source article from tweeter there, not that distorted misleading Phonearena report. There is currently no dual core phone with 2.3.2 in battery trouble. Even Phonearena found battery life on SGSII to be lasting nearly two days under moderate usage. I just mentioned Ice Cream as it will truly unleash potential of dual core phone, but 2.3.4 will be sufficient for dual core phone's battery.

Even if we give edge on battery to Charge, what else does it have over SGSII? nothing. If that's the only thing you care about in phone, you should be using BB or even feature phone and forget about android. Battery life is surely an important one, but your logic is like Camry driver saying to LS460 driver "mine is better than yours as it drinks less gas". lol :D

Upvote 0
^^ what Dark Jedi. I've deleted all sorts of personal, insulting and/or fighing comments.

Public Service Announcement:

I'm in a good mood. No infractions. So, take chill break and a deep breath before you hit the button to post. Before you post, ask yourselves if your post violates site rules. If it does (read them .. link in my signature), then you get all sorts of infractions/probations next time.

Thread moved.

Thanks guys! :)

Reactions: WA_Bob and mills23
Upvote 0
^^ what Dark Jedi. I've deleted all sorts of personal, insulting and/or fighing comments.

Public Service Announcement:

I'm in a good mood. No infractions. So, take chill break and a deep breath before you hit the button to post. Before you post, ask yourselves if your post violates site rules. If it does (read them .. link in my signature), then you get all sorts of infractions/probations next time.

Thread moved.

Thanks guys! :)

you tell em stevie

Upvote 0
Ok where is the article that says it is for sure coming to Verizon? I can't find one anywhere.

That's because the original Verizon source corrected themselves shortly after these reports came up, explaining that they meant to say the Galaxy Tab 10.1 would be out in July, not the S2. We still don't know anything for sure about the phone :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones