• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lose network frequently.

Disconnect update status:

After 48 hours post patch, I'm gonna call it sorta - solved.
What seems to be occurring is - in lieu of random dropped connections - a temporary freeze while connecting to another link.
So, substantial evil replaced by a considerably lesser evil.

This feels like either modem is Dozing & something's kicking in to wake... And / or that got fixed BUT an overtly high buffer setting is causing the random temporary stalls.

Upvote 0
Disconnect update status:

After 48 hours post patch, I'm gonna call it sorta - solved.
What seems to be occurring is - in lieu of random dropped connections - a temporary freeze while connecting to another link.
So, substantial evil replaced by a considerably lesser evil.

This feels like either modem is Dozing & something's kicking in to wake... And / or that got fixed BUT an overtly high buffer setting is causing the random temporary stalls.

This looks promising? Are you on MetroPCS network?

I finally ordered an unlock for my Zmax, so 2 day wait... If we're now only getting temporary stalls that the phone will recover itself from I don't care about that at all; it's having to manually reset my radio several times a day that infuriates me.

Upvote 0
This looks promising? Are you on MetroPCS network?

I finally ordered an unlock for my Zmax, so 2 day wait... If we're now only getting temporary stalls that the phone will recover itself from I don't care about that at all; it's having to manually reset my radio several times a day that infuriates me.
I'm on Metro, agree with all you said.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones