• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lots of problems with my g-nex

Kancerstick

Dec 17, 2011
Okay, i love this phone, but a few things are happening that kind of freak me out i was wondering if anyone else is experiencing these things.

1.) If you have UI sounds enabled.. ie...click noises for anything you select on your phone screen. Something wierd happens, i was wondering if anyone can test this and tell me if their getting the same thing.

Please be somewhere dead silent. Click anything and listen for the UI sound... now wait a couple seconds, probably 3 seconds and then you will hear a feint "pop" after not doing anything in that time. You can hear the "pop" alot better if you have your phone speakerphone closer to your ear. The "pop" sound almost sounds like that noise when you have your stereo hooked up to something and you unplug it while its on..that hot "pop"??? i dont know how to describe, was just wondering if anyone could test and see if their gnex does that too.

2.) I dont know if this is related to #1, but if im listening to my gnex through headphones, the UI click noises will all be followed by a feint hiss. Also when i unplug the 3.5 mm jack, i can hear a different type of hiss through the speakerphone like 2 seconds later.

3.) This has happend to me 2 times now. I will not use my phone for an extended period of time..probably 2 hours ish... When i turn my phone back on my touch screen isnt working, i cant swipe to unlock or anything. But i can still hold the power button and get the power-off menu, or press the volume rocker keys and lower the volume / raise the volume. I have to pull battery to get it working again.

4.) My gps voice sounds terrible, it sounds distorted at no matter what volume i have my phone at

5.) Kind of minor, but lets say im in my car and running audio through my g-nex, when i unplug my 3.5 mm cable from the gnex, the gnex will make a hissing noise about 2 seconds after unplugging through the phones speakerphone.

i really dont want to have to return this phone, but i mean all these annoyances are really hard to live with. I hope someone can give me some insight maybe even tell me their gnex has a problem, so that im not the only one having these problems.

Okay, i love this phone, but a few things are happening that kind of freak me out i was wondering if anyone else is experiencing these things.

1.) If you have UI sounds enabled.. ie...click noises for anything you select on your phone screen. Something wierd happens, i was wondering if anyone can test this and tell me if their getting the same thing.

Please be somewhere dead silent. Click anything and listen for the UI sound... now wait a couple seconds, probably 3 seconds and then you will hear a feint "pop" after not doing anything in that time. You can hear the "pop" alot better if you have your phone speakerphone closer to your ear. The "pop" sound almost sounds like that noise when you have your stereo hooked up to something and you unplug it while its on..that hot "pop"??? i dont know how to describe, was just wondering if anyone could test and see if their gnex does that too.

2.) I dont know if this is related to #1, but if im listening to my gnex through headphones, the UI click noises will all be followed by a feint hiss. Also when i unplug the 3.5 mm jack, i can hear a different type of hiss through the speakerphone like 2 seconds later.

3.) This has happend to me 2 times now. I will not use my phone for an extended period of time..probably 2 hours ish... When i turn my phone back on my touch screen isnt working, i cant swipe to unlock or anything. But i can still hold the power button and get the power-off menu, or press the volume rocker keys and lower the volume / raise the volume. I have to pull battery to get it working again.

4.) My gps voice sounds terrible, it sounds distorted at no matter what volume i have my phone at

5.) Kind of minor, but lets say im in my car and running audio through my g-nex, when i unplug my 3.5 mm cable from the gnex, the gnex will make a hissing noise about 2 seconds after unplugging through the phones speakerphone.

i really dont want to have to return this phone, but i mean all these annoyances are really hard to live with. I hope someone can give me some insight maybe even tell me their gnex has a problem, so that im not the only one having these problems.

1) I don't have the pop you speak of.

2) I have never experienced this just the initial pop/fuzz/whatever when you take the jack out

3) Never heard of this
4) The speaker on the GN is not the best. It's what I call "tinty" but is not distorted. Just thin and lifeless kinda
5) I haven't hooked it up yet to my ride will do tomorrow though :)

Those are definitely issues I couldn't live with on my phone. Seems as though everything is audio related no? Have you tried talking to VZ or going back where you bought it and get an exchange to see if that makes a difference?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones